Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Struck through and straight clipped planchets question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struck through and straight clipped planchets question

Do struck through cotton and str8 clipped planchets carry any premiums?

Yes they do. The amount of the struck through area and the size of the clip are factors in determining the amount of premium.

BJ Neff
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

I got a few pics ill post soon, lmk what u think thanks.

Comment

pics

1. 1997 D nickel well looks like it -struck through cotton? looks like cotton marks on obverse
        2. 2002 D dime- struck through grease? I found this dime in change, as i grab this dime ive noticed that it was kinda of greasy was wondering why but back then i was still new at this didnt know what struck through grease coins were. Anyways i started to rub it more then i noticed that this was some kind of error, ended up rubbing the whole area off by accident LOL. It looks like its sanded but surface is very smooth i mean very smooth like slippery smooth and still till now u can feel the grease. Also the area is sort of indented the obverse looks normal.
        3 and 4 are str8 clips any premiums?
        5. 1946 P lamination error reverse any premium?
        Last edited by CmonManggg; 01-16-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

pic2

couldnt fit the lamination here it is.
          Last edited by CmonManggg; 01-16-2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

The next to the last one is a small curved clip and the last one is a lamination. The others are not mint errors but have been damaged. The two that are errors have a small premium value.
            James Zimmerman
            Coneca N-911
            CONECA PA State Rep/Treasurer

Comment

So the nickel and dime arent errors? It was all greasy and the torch area was there till i rub it off unknowingly. The nickel looks like a struck through cotton with post mint damage. Here are some other angles but if u say they arent then I believe u.
              Last edited by CmonManggg; 01-16-2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

The only two possible error coins are the 1934 Lincoln cent with a curved clip and the Lincoln cent reverse with a lamination peal.

The nickel has been subjected to a corrosive agent that has deteriorated the metal.

BJ Neff
                Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Working...
                X