Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Confirmed 2013P 1cent DDO Discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Confirmed 2013P 1cent DDO Discovery

There is no dout this is the first doubled die cent for 2013 this year!This coin has notching & distortions mainly on the letters RTY of LIBERTY.Also the first 2 in the date has a slight notch and some extra thickness.

I was surprised to have found this in a bank brick of mixed cents!This find makes me very excited!
    Attached Files
    Still the best "Nickel Trail Die Hunter". 2013 ((MIKEE)) T.Davis

Looks like a winner! Great job Mikee! I haven't even had a 2013 coin in hand except for my proof nickel I purchased a month or 2 ago. Thanks for giving me something to look for!

Comment

Yes, it is a doubled die. I would suggest sending an e-mail to James Wiles and see what he thinks.
      Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Nice find, I still haven't even seen a 2013 cent in circulation.

Comment

Thanks everyone..I will email James Wiles and see what he has to say!!

Comment

Nice one! I found one a while ago. See it : HERE
            http://www.lincolncentresource.net/f...ad.php?t=27121

Comment

Originally posted by Helzel'sCoins View Post
              Nice one! I found one a while ago. See it : HERE
              http://www.lincolncentresource.net/f...ad.php?t=27121
              I see yours & nice find! So at looking at my pictures would you say ours resemble??

Comment

Originally posted by coin-crazy View Post
                I see yours & nice find! So at looking at my pictures would you say ours resemble??
                I would say they are the same die, or extremely similar.

Comment

Lincoln DDOs

I have found 2010, 2011, 2012 and saw a 2013 Doubled Die Oberse (I dont have one of my own yet). The 2010, 2011, 2012 Doubled die obverses that I have found all have a split serif at the top center of the one in the date along with slight doubling of the 2, the "L & I" in liberty each have a split serif at the top of the letter along with slight split serifs of the "RTY" and the "O & D" are doubled and the "E" of WE has split serifs in the horizontal top and bottom bars of the E. I have found a fairly large number of 2011s (more than a dozen) and a fair number of 2012s.

I find it interesting that these characteristics are consistent across three years of minting and the 2011 and 2012 Philadelphia and Denver mints are similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin8971 View Post
                    I have found 2010, 2011, 2012 and saw a 2013 Doubled Die Oberse
                    Im wondering where did you see the 2013 ddo at?

Comment

Coin Dealer

A Coin Dealer friend of mine has the 2013 DDO Lincoln.

Comment

Working...
                      X