Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013P Lincoln Cent (New die) Best DDO Yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013P Lincoln Cent (New die) Best DDO Yet

I found this die yesterday while searching a mixed bag of cents that I got from a friend's corner store.This is the same store I've found my discovery piece 2013 1˘ WDDO-001. I checked Coppercoins and thought this die was 004.I was about to place this in a flip and call it a day,until I said let me double check this coin again.I couldn't believe my eyes IGWT on the coin showed real doubling.After this find my crappy day was starting to look brighter!!
    Attached Files
    Still the best "Nickel Trail Die Hunter". 2013 ((MIKEE)) T.Davis

I would have to see it in hand. I am just not sure. I would want to look for notching somewhere in the motto and make sure it wasn't light MD.
    Jason Cuvelier

CONECA
    Lead attributer

Comment

Thank you Jason for replying, I totally respect your opinion. The Motto on this coin does have a weird appearance but I'm going to bank everything on this one letter in the Motto and that's the W in We. I see clear separation in the doubling and the notch.

I'm going to send this coin out to Wexler to see what he says!!
      Attached Files

Comment

When I look at the R of TRUST it does look like MDD.

Larry Nienaber

Comment

i wish you good luck with Wexler , nice find but with my eyes it could go either way MD/DBL DIE would i buy this coin ? yes.

Comment

Originally posted by carl View Post
            i wish you good luck with Wexler , nice find but with my eyes it could go either way MD/DBL DIE would i buy this coin ? yes.
            Thank you Carl. I've submitted coins before and turned out to be M.D and I have also stood my ground when I was sure I made the correct attribute. Its a 50/50, sometime.

I'm hoping to get home to package and mail this coin out today.

Im going send Wexler an email and a few other attributer to see if they give me any positive feedback !

Comment

I was asked to post more pics. After taking a closer look there seem to a slight movement in this die in a north/ east direction. Some letter show more profound doubling than others. I personally like the (W) in WE and the (U) in TRUST. Also the (L) in LIBERTY shows some of that movement. This all coincide with what I've pointed out in the Motto. This die displays class 2 & 6 doubling.
              Attached Files

Comment

I sent Mr. John Wexler pictures of this coin and he said, it appears to be a genuine doubled die but he needs to see this coin in hand and he said it shows class VIII doubling.I sent it out today and I will update this thread when it gets back. I never knew the class of doubling reach that high.(Cool)

Comment

Update!!

Mr. Wexler just informed me that ,this coin is now listed as 2013 1˘ WDDO-004!!

Im very happy and so far there hasn't been another one reported .. I cant wait until he posts it on his site!!

Now I need to get this one listed on Coppercoins!!

Comment

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the images on his website.
                    Variety Cent
                    Matthew Sallee

Comment

Working...
                    X