Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Bordner estate sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Bordner estate sale

Hello Collectors of RPMs - My name is Thomas Kalantzis, attributor and owner of IDDD - I attribute Eisenhower doubled dies and RPMs - IDDD's numbering system is accepted by Anacs.

New book - IDDD Eisenhower Doubled Die Top 25 and RPM Varieties. We will be doing our first book signing at the NH currency and coin show on October 10 and 11th 2014.

This is about my dear Friend the late John Bordner and his family - wife Ivy Bordner and son John Bordner (JJ) as time was getting on for our dear friend he and I where speaking too what was about to befall him and what can be done to help his wife and son JJ - he loved them both very much but JJ his son was most on his mind - I said to John on the days before he left us that I would do all I could to help.

I also own the Wexler files given me by John Bordner and have bought all of his variety coins in his collection in an effort to capture as much of his attribution sets as possible in an effort to help the next stage - with permission from john Bordner and his estate am selling off John Bordner's Lincoln cent attribution set - I am working with John Wexler in an effort to stabilize all past RPMs from cents to gold - presently working to finish the Lincoln cent RPMs - John Wexler and I are up to 1946 S cents - basically building on John's great work and when done will have the largest RPM files - great news for the collector.

I know for sure there are plenty of collectors that have dealt with John Bordner, I have as well, I am hoping to add some collectors, dealers, or just good old buddies that JB had, I have a special deal with Anacs to do with any of the John Bordner estate and sale of - any of John Bordner's coins sent in directly from my desk qualifies for the discount - each slab can have on it if you would like added to the holder "The John Bordner collection" plus as mentioned a special price thanks to Paul Defilice vice president of Anacs.

I am selling off John Bordner's Lincoln cent RPM attribution set; as John Wexler and I complete each die number - once done I auction the attribution set off on my forum - for any collector that has interest in obtaining some of John Bordner's attribution set RPMs that are being auctioned off contact: Tom Kalantzis at t9k9o9@comcast.net

Kennedy Varieties

What is happening with the Kennedy Half Dollars?

Larry Nienaber

Comment

John Bordner Estate sale

Hello Larry,

We have not started the Kennedy half dollars yet - next will be Franklin and Kennedy half dollars - should be done by the end of the year or sooner.

Every RPM and doubled die recorded is being re-examined - once we are satisfied the numbers are released - new numbers will be added as we have done so already.

Once we are done the collectors will have most up to date recorded dies from the Wexler files - go to his site - anything marked "complete" means we are done with the files.

Tom K (IDDD)

Comment

Do you have a link?

Mr. Kalantzis, do you mind posting a link to your forum?

Comment

IDDD Forum and web site links

Here are two links one is for the IDDD forum - http://www.iddd.us/forum/ and the other is the IDDD Ike dollar double die site - http://www.ikedollardoubledie.com/
          Check the as of 2008 page - all on this page are doubled and better hubbed doubled dies - these dies are not from already doubled working hubs but rather from an incorrect hubbing process to a single working die and not found on any other working die.

Also please do check out the RPM page for a pleasant surprise.

Thanks for asking Tom K (IDDD)
          Last edited by IDDD; 09-29-2014, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X