Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member and Happy to be here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member and Happy to be here

I'm new to Coneca and am glad to be here. I hope if there is anything I can do to help our group out Please let me know.
    I have a question as well. I have a 1968 D Kennedy that Dollar and America is doubled. I have looked it up in the master listings and didn't see anything. Am I looking in the right place, or is there another place to do this research at? Any and all information would be helpful. Thanks and Happy HUNTING

There are at least a dozen different forms of doubling. If it's not already listed, it's unlikely to be a doubled die. Machine doubling and die deterioration doubling are the most likely explanations. A photo would help immeasurably.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

picture

well Im new here and have never posted a picture here. It is asking for a URL? suggestions? Please

Comment

Here are instructions on how to post photos: http://board.conecaonline.org/showthread.php?t=9

Comment

1968 D Kennedy

Thank you for your assistance I didn't see the doubling on the stars until I opened these probably is already listed. Leave it up to you.
          Attached Files

Comment

1969 D Kennedy inner ear
            Attached Files

Comment

This is classic machine doubling. Minor examples like this are very common and have no market value.

Comment

Thank you what about the 1969 D (inner ear)? what are good references that you could suggest so I can start learning and stop bothering everyone?

Comment

The ear also shows machine doubling. Here's additional information:

http://www.error-ref.com/machine-doubling/

Comment

I have many others but this is one of my favorites. I will check these out thanks for all your help.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X