Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1943 P BU from Roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1943 P BU from Roll

anyone know the damage die strike?? Thanks
    Attached Files

Was this from a BU roll of this date? It looks reprocessed; stripped of the original zinc plating and replated. Common for steel cents. Would be nice to see the entire coin.
    Ken
    Ken Potter
    CONECA Public Relations
    Member of: CONECA-HLM, ANA-LM, MSNS-HLM, NWDCC, CSNS, NLG, IASAC, Fly-In
    Visit my website: http://koinpro.tripod.com
    Visit CONECA's Website
    Unless otherwise noted, images are by Ken Potter and copyright Ken Potter 2015.

CONECA Notice: Any individual is encouraged to submit articles, opinions, or any other material beneficial to the numismatic community. Contributions should not be libelous or slanderous; ethics and good taste shall be adhered to. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent the official CONECA policy or those of its officers. The act of submitting material shall constitute an expressed warranty by the contributor that the material is original; if not, source and permission must be provided.

Comment

Originally posted by koinpro View Post
      Was this from a BU roll of this date? It looks reprocessed; stripped of the original zinc plating and replated. Common for steel cents. Would be nice to see the entire coin.
      Ken
      came from a BU roll

Comment

Originally posted by daveam1 View Post
        The reverse looks like there was some hard grease left on the die

Comment

Gosh, I can't tell coin not in hand.
          Ken Potter
          CONECA Public Relations
          Visit CONECA's Website

CONECA Notice: Any individual is encouraged to submit articles, opinions, or any other material beneficial to the numismatic community. Contributions should not be libelous or slanderous; ethics and good taste shall be adhered to. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent the official CONECA policy or those of its officers. The act of submitting material shall constitute an expressed warranty by the contributor that the material is original; if not, source and permission must be provided.

Comment

Gosh, I can't tell coin not in hand.
            Just a guess ...

Comment

Man those images look like its reprocessed.
              Proud Member: CONECA, TEC, HVNS, NS, ANA, WIN, WINS, MSNS

Comment

Originally posted by Jamez View Post
                The scope I use changes the color ever on BU Copper coins

Comment

Dave does that scope have any setting on it, if so either turn up the color, or saturation on it .. Heres a free program to help if your scope has no setting http://photoscape-free.com/?utm_sour...erm=photoscape
                  Last edited by Stachowski; 04-25-2015, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stachowski View Post
                    Dave does that scope have any setting on it, if so either turn up the color, or saturation on it .. Heres a free program to help if your scope has no setting http://photoscape-free.com/?utm_sour...erm=photoscape
                    The Scope has only a light setting and it that's it, I need to get a better scope that can take better pics. If you look at my other posts you can see it changes the color of the coins on the close up pics. The coin is from a BU roll had BANK wrapping on it and was not open was a full roll of 43's

Comment

The Scope has only a light setting and it that's it, I need to get a better scope that can take better pics. If you look at my other posts you can see it changes the color of the coins on the close up pics. The coin is from a BU roll had BANK wrapping on it and was not open was a full roll of 43's
                      That's pretty cool, are most of them like the one you posted here ...

Comment

Originally posted by Jamez View Post
                        I have seen full rolls of Reprocessed Cents for sale before. The last roll I saw was at the 9 mile/Telegraph show about 7 years ago or so. Heck, maybe 10 years ago. I was looking for a nice roll of 1943-S BU and this roll did not fit the bill -- though he did have a nice AU/Unc roll cheap so I got that.
                        Ken Potter
                        CONECA Public Relations
                        Visit CONECA's Website

Comment

I've looked this coin over and over again and all I see are the characteristics I expect to see on a reprocessed steel cent. Where and when did you buy this roll? Are you sure it is "original"? Lots of folks have coin wrapping machines now and can wrap them up to look original. You see these so-called original rolls all over eBay all the time. You see them at shows too.

Can you photograph the wrapper and another coin or two from the roll.
                          Last edited by koinpro; 04-26-2015, 12:23 PM. Reason: correct word
                          Ken Potter
                          CONECA Public Relations
                          Visit CONECA's Website

Comment

I've looked this coin over and over again and all I see are the characteristics I expect to see on a reprocessed steel cent. Where and when did you buy this roll? Are you sure it is "original"? Lots of folks have coin wrapping machines now and can wrap them up to look original. You see these so-called original rolls all over eBay all the time. You see them at shows too.

Can you photograph the wrapper and another coin or two from the roll.
                            I don't have the wrapper tossed it coins are in tube and the scope I have SUCKS Know of a better one I can Buy??
                            Attached Files

Comment

You can get some cheap scopes off of Ebay, just make sure its at least 500x .. heres an image of part of the motto on a lincoln cent at 230x, just doesn't get the job done
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X