Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1963 dime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 dime

I have 2 (so far) 1963 10˘ DDO-001, 1-0-II-C+V-CW.
    For some reason I can't seem to get any good pictures of either of these (none of my cameras or my digital micro camera) seem to get it done. Can anyone give me any info on these?
    I can figure there not worth much because I have only gone through 2 P sets and have them in each (I only have a herd of sets to go through) lol. If a set has more then one coin with an error should it stay in the set or take them out and (if worth it) and have them graded?
    I know this is a matter of opinion just asking what others think? Thank you (and I am a CONECA member)!

I can help with your images, what's going on ? never take your images on a flat level surface, take a Styrofoam cup, cut it so it has the ramp effect, leave about an inch high in the back, and a quarter inch in the front, when you try that, then tell me what else is going on, I'm sure I can help with that too ....

Comment

Im sure you have already seen this information.

Designation:
      1-O-II-C+V-CW from K-12; FS-10-1963-101 (16)

Description:
      Very strong spread on date, IN GOD WE TRUST, and LIBERTY

Markers:
      Can be found in Mint sets

Stage A:
      Numerous die scratches on Obverse – EDS
      Numerous die scratches on Reverse – EDS

Sadly there has not been alot of research printed on the Roosevelt series. Without a clear photo of the coin in question its impossible to comment on the coin itself as you know. I have a book around here somewhere on Roosies that I will dig through and see if there is anything listed. I am assuming you have already looked in your CherryPickers.

As for the picture taking. I use a process called KISS.. I keep it really simple. Canon 1100S, set it to macro, I use an old security camera holder that the Canon is mounted to for stability. I wait until morning when the sun is shining, place the coin on a bottom of an ALEVE bottle, set the timer to 2 seconds, press the button and take my hands away. I then go into Photoscape (FREE) and use the circle crop feature and walla. I have decent shots. For close ups, I use a QX7 scope, Cheap but effective. See Amazon for that. I have also in the past used Dino-Lite.
      Proud Member: CONECA, TEC, HVNS, NS, ANA, WIN, WINS, MSNS

Comment

Originally posted by Stachowski View Post
        I can help with your images, what's going on ? never take your images on a flat level surface, take a Styrofoam cup, cut it so it has the ramp effect, leave about an inch high in the back, and a quarter inch in the front, when you try that, then tell me what else is going on, I'm sure I can help with that too ....
        I will try that. Its kinda funny because each device I have used has worked great then it doesn't work no matter what I do? I have a digital camera that plugs into my computer (amos, wizard and many others sell them) and when I use it everything is so grainy and they just don't look good at all. I'm going to call them today and see what they have to say?
        I never shut up so I will try for now. Again thank you and I will keep in touch. I have read many ways of doing pictures but well it must just be me. Thank again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamez View Post

Designation:

Description:

Markers:

Stage A:

Sadly there has not been alot of research printed on the Roosevelt series. Without a clear photo of the coin in question its impossible to comment on the coin itself as you know. I have a book around here somewhere on Roosies that I will dig through and see if there is anything listed. I am assuming you have already looked in your CherryPickers.

As for the picture taking. I use a process called KISS.. I keep it really simple. Canon 1100S, set it to macro, I use an old security camera holder that the Canon is mounted to for stability. I wait until morning when the sun is shining, place the coin on a bottom of an ALEVE bottle, set the timer to 2 seconds, press the button and take my hands away. I then go into Photoscape (FREE) and use the circle crop feature and walla. I have decent shots. For close ups, I use a QX7 scope, Cheap but effective. See Amazon for that. I have also in the past used Dino-Lite.
          I have a dino lite but it is so crappy. I have a a magnifier that fits my phone and well it works great then not.

As for the Rosie's I will see if I can get some pictures and post them. They can't be anything special I have found 2 of them so far and have many sets to do. I looked them up in cherry pickers but its the 64 and not mine and the markers aren't the same (that's what is funny). I will did a way and post some pictures it sounds as if there are a few that may be interested (I'm glad it isn't just me) thanks everyone!

Comment

2 bad pictures of 1963 dime

Originally posted by Jamez View Post

Designation:

Description:

Markers:

Stage A:

I have a dino lite but it is so crappy. I have a a magnifier that fits my phone and well it works great then not.

As for the Rosie's I will see if I can get some pictures and post them. They can't be anything special I have found 2 of them so far and have many sets to do. I looked them up in cherry pickers but its the 64 and not mine and the markers aren't the same (that's what is funny). I will did a way and post some pictures it sounds as if there are a few that may be interested (I'm glad it isn't just me) thanks everyone!

Two pictures in one you can see the horizontal bars coming back through the vertical bar in "WE"
            The second you can see some of the doubling on the top of the U and T of "Trust"
            I will get better ones.
            Attached Files

Comment

you can update the program on your dino-scope, heres the link http://www.dino-lite.com/web/download.html

Comment

Working...
              X