Thread: Canada 1978 Ni Dollar Major Doubled Die Reverse

Default Canada 1978 Ni Dollar Major Doubled Die Reverse

Last edited by koinpro; 04-30-2015 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Reformat
    Ken Potter
    CONECA Public Relations
    Member of: CONECA-HLM, ANA-LM, MSNS-HLM, NWDCC, CSNS, NLG, IASAC, Fly-In
    Visit my website: http://koinpro.tripod.com
    Visit CONECA's Website
    Unless otherwise noted, images are by Ken Potter and copyright Ken Potter 2015.

CONECA Notice: Any individual is encouraged to submit articles, opinions, or any other material beneficial to the numismatic community. Contributions should not be libelous or slanderous; ethics and good taste shall be adhered to. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent the official CONECA policy or those of its officers. The act of submitting material shall constitute an expressed warranty by the contributor that the material is original; if not, source and permission must be provided.

You sure that isn't an Asian Carp jumping into the boat? How did that get displaced so far and nothing else was displaced?
    Proud Member: CONECA, TEC, HVNS, NS, ANA, WIN, WINS, MSNS

Jim,

This is a Titled Hub doubled die. The same cause of all the Minn. Quaters with the totally separated "Extra Tree" and the same as the Homestead quarters. Same as all the Titled Hub Canada 1974 Extra Yoke nickel dollars.

KP
    Ken Potter
    CONECA Public Relations
    Visit CONECA's Website

CONECA Notice: Any individual is encouraged to submit articles, opinions, or any other material beneficial to the numismatic community. Contributions should not be libelous or slanderous; ethics and good taste shall be adhered to. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent the official CONECA policy or those of its officers. The act of submitting material shall constitute an expressed warranty by the contributor that the material is original; if not, source and permission must be provided.

Ken, I am still looking for one of these for my collection... this one is proving to be quite elusive.

Roger
    "Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Roger, I have not seen another.
    Ken Potter
    CONECA Public Relations
    Visit CONECA's Website

Roger I have some 78's around here that I will check for you.
    Proud Member: CONECA, TEC, HVNS, NS, ANA, WIN, WINS, MSNS

Found one Ken!!! I will be sending it to PCGS, as it is a beautiful prooflike (PL) grade...
    "Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun