Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LIFE-TIME Membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIFE-TIME Membership

I'am a member of CONECA in good standing.

WHY is a one time payment RESTRICTED to 10 % of the population of CONECA?

I have never read, becaue I have never had access to these "by-laws", or any laws CONECA has on record for that matter.

$+400.00 for LIFTIME Membership is the COST, yet I am excluded from paying this amount for the privilege because there is NOT ROOM!

WHY?

I will pay the money. What is it that I have not, not done, to be given this exclusion? OR anyone for that matter?

I've faithfully executed FOUR Combat tours over my lifetime, I have protected your rights and the FREEDOMS U have enjoyed over the last 30 years of my service to the USA.

After all of this, I am NOT able to pay a LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP to CONECA so I choose to do so? What battle scars must one attain and endure or carry to achieve this privilege!

What drives this LIFETIME Policy? Not only is it discriminating, but it is UNFAIR.

What Political voting majority must re-evaluate this policy? Not only is it Un-just and Un-fair, but it is exculusionalry to an unkown and favorable extreme.

Where are the laws, the history of them, (these laws!), and the reasoning for them?

Jeff Ylitalo - CONECA MEMBER #4142
    Last edited by BIM Mania; 08-15-2007, 09:20 PM.
    CONECA Errorsope Editor

I also would have joined as a Life Time Member had the limit not been topped. There are reasons for each and every rule, and I would say that when this rule was voted in there was a good reason. I would like to maybe hear what the Board has to say about maybe raising the limit of members allowed.
    ---Speedy

Comment

Hi Speedy,

Not only have I never heard them, I've not seen them either (BY_LAW,....Constitution.....?)

I am a member, in good standing, so I should be able to review any of it in detail.

Board?

What manner of secrecy is in place?

It all appears invisible to me, and always has. I am agitated beyond belief. I am aggravated.

What is with this 10 % topped out anyway?

For good-ness sake, I have 400 bucks for life-time membership right now, but I will not have it in the very near future.

My time may be very short lived here unless answers are given ASAP!

Jeff Ylitalo

Member of CONECA #4142
      CONECA Errorsope Editor

Comment

Well you can view the Bylaws and Constitution easy enought...
        http://hermes.csd.net/~coneca/bylaws.html
        ---Speedy

Comment

The number of lifetime memberships is capped at a certain level for economic reasons. I can't remember exactly what those reasons are, but I'll check with the board and get back to you. If it's any consolation, this limit applies to everyone, even the Prez.
          Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Hi Speedy,

Those links are antiquated, they are DEAD ends. I cannot see a thing and it is NOT your fault. Those links have been in a state of dis-information for years.

If anyone has a digital copy of the by-laws and constitution, and it is current, please post, or send it to me as an attactchment.

My intention here is NOT to create chaos, inner fighting, challenge authority, or anything resembling an up-rising or revolution.

Not at all.

I am entitled, just as you, or any of us, to know the inner workings of CONECA.

I have $400.00 dollars to give for Life-time membership, but it is not authorized?

This is a major malfunction!

Jeff Ylitalo
            CONECA Member #4142
            CONECA Errorsope Editor

Comment

Try this link:

http://www.conecaonline.org/bylaws.html

Comment

It is un-fortunate

The link provided, it does nothing. Nothing at all.

It is as it was back in 2002.

....which is "Nothing".

Jeff
                Last edited by BIM Mania; 08-15-2007, 11:37 PM.
                CONECA Errorsope Editor

Comment

Okay, here's the reasoning for shutting off further lifetime memberships. Although it results in an immediate and welcome infusion of cash, after sixteen years the club breaks even on the deal and then starts losing money thereafter. Certainly if you factor in inflation, the break even point is extended out to a degree, but it is offset by increasing production costs and the inevitable need to raise subscription costs. If the club becomes too top-heavy with lifetime memberships, we'll sink under the burden. With as small a membership as we have (avg. 600 - 650), a large number of lifetime memberships would eventually become economically ruinous. So it was capped at 10%.

Comment

Hi Speedy,

Those links are antiquated, they are DEAD ends. I cannot see a thing and it is NOT your fault. Those links have been in a state of dis-information for years.
                    Interesting---it works for me....
                    PM me your email address and I'll send you the files....
                    ---Speedy

Comment

Thanks for the details concerning Memberships.

I can live with that, no problem.
                      CONECA Errorsope Editor

Comment

Just a quick side note, but the links to the constitution and bylaws work fine for me as well.

Comment

Ok then, the links are working now.

THANKS Everyone!
                          CONECA Errorsope Editor

Comment

Working...
                          X