Thread: 1952 Canadian cent clash at ear

1. Default 1952 Canadian cent clash at ear

This one was in a lot of foreign coins that I purchased. Did just a little research and this one seems to be a fairly common occurrence. Any added value here other than just the, "well that's pretty neat" factor?

000_0009.jpg

000_0010.jpg

000_0011.jpg

000_0012.jpg
    New CONECA member.

It's cool but is that a clash or a die gouge? Neat whatever it is.
    Ken Potter
    CONECA Public Relations
    Member of: CONECA-HLM, ANA-LM, MSNS-HLM, NWDCC, CSNS, NLG, IASAC, Fly-In
    Visit my website: http://koinpro.tripod.com
    Visit CONECA's Website
    Unless otherwise noted, images are by Ken Potter and copyright Ken Potter 2015.

CONECA Notice: Any individual is encouraged to submit articles, opinions, or any other material beneficial to the numismatic community. Contributions should not be libelous or slanderous; ethics and good taste shall be adhered to. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent the official CONECA policy or those of its officers. The act of submitting material shall constitute an expressed warranty by the contributor that the material is original; if not, source and permission must be provided.

3. Default

It looks like a clash of the area between the two branches where the small bud is.
    New CONECA member.

Very well could be. I haven't done an overlay of that coin to know. Neat not matter what it is.
    Ken Potter
    CONECA Public Relations
    Visit CONECA's Website

CONECA Notice: Any individual is encouraged to submit articles, opinions, or any other material beneficial to the numismatic community. Contributions should not be libelous or slanderous; ethics and good taste shall be adhered to. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent the official CONECA policy or those of its officers. The act of submitting material shall constitute an expressed warranty by the contributor that the material is original; if not, source and permission must be provided.

Capture.jpg

From Coinsandcanada.com
    Proud Member: CONECA, TEC, HVNS, NS, ANA, WIN, WINS, MSNS

Perfect shape for a clash. Nice overlay. Thanks Jim.
    Ken Potter
    CONECA Public Relations
    Visit CONECA's Website

7. Default

Sweet! Thanks!
    New CONECA member.

8. Default

Using the overlay I was able to find a few more clash marks.

000_0046-2.jpg

000_0048-2.jpg

000_0051-2.jpg
    New CONECA member.