Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

198X Massive CUD cent from Richard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 198X Massive CUD cent from Richard

This one is from Richard Stachowski. He brought it to the Spring Detroit Area Coin Show 2011. Nice coin Richard!

Ken Potter
    CONECA Public Relations
    Member of: CONECA-HLM, ANA-LM, MSNS-HLM, NWDCC, CSNS, NLG, IASAC, Fly-In
    Visit my website: http://koinpro.tripod.com
    Visit CONECA's Website
    Unless otherwise noted, images are by Ken Potter and copyright Ken Potter 2015.

CONECA Notice: Any individual is encouraged to submit articles, opinions, or any other material beneficial to the numismatic community. Contributions should not be libelous or slanderous; ethics and good taste shall be adhered to. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent the official CONECA policy or those of its officers. The act of submitting material shall constitute an expressed warranty by the contributor that the material is original; if not, source and permission must be provided.

You mean to tell me that Spike had this one and didnt share it? Come on Richard.. your holding back on us here.
    Proud Member: CONECA, TEC, HVNS, NS, ANA, WIN, WINS, MSNS

Comment

I found that one roll searching and it has a funny story behind it, at least looking back now . I was banking with my local bank ( Bank Of America ) for about 10 years at that time, when I was diagnosed with stage 4 testicular cancer . I was and always will be, a long haired hippie freak . Well you should of seen the tellers facing when I cut off all my hair, I think the question was: Richard, what happen to all your hair ? I told them I was doing chemotherapy because of cancer . Well since I new everyone that worked at the bank, the next question was, " Do You Collect Coins " I think they knew more then me about chemotherapy at that time . So as treatment went on, the 25 dollar boxes of cents were getting older, at least from the dates stamped on the boxes . Some of theses boxes of cents spent more then 25 years in the vault without being sold . Now me and the bank laugh about thoses days, and now and then someone will tell me about their love ones going through cancer treatments ...
      Last edited by Stachowski; 06-06-2015, 03:25 AM.

Comment

I would like to add this to the cuds-on-coins.com site. It would have a file number of CU-1c-ND-31(198X). If possible, please PM me your name and permission to put it on site.

Thanks,
        BJ
        Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Their Ken images ..

Comment

BJ, you can use. Richard found the coin and I shot it. His name is part of the file name for this image.
            Ken
            Ken Potter
            CONECA Public Relations
            Member of: CONECA-HLM, ANA-LM, MSNS-HLM, NWDCC, CSNS, NLG, IASAC, Fly-In
            Visit my website: http://koinpro.tripod.com
            Visit CONECA's Website
            Unless otherwise noted, images are by Ken Potter and copyright Ken Potter 2015.

CONECA Notice: Any individual is encouraged to submit articles, opinions, or any other material beneficial to the numismatic community. Contributions should not be libelous or slanderous; ethics and good taste shall be adhered to. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent the official CONECA policy or those of its officers. The act of submitting material shall constitute an expressed warranty by the contributor that the material is original; if not, source and permission must be provided.

Comment

That's fine with me to BJ, thanks Richard Stachowski . Thank you Ken for letting BJ use the images ..

Comment

Congrats Richard! That's a beauty!

Comment

Originally posted by jay4202472000 View Post
                  Congrats Richard! That's a beauty!
                  Thanks Jay,

Comment

You have to wonder how nobody seen that in circulation before you snagged it. I guess to most it would be a blob on a coin.
                    Proud Member: CONECA, TEC, HVNS, NS, ANA, WIN, WINS, MSNS

Comment

Originally posted by Jamez View Post
                      You have to wonder how nobody seen that in circulation before you snagged it. I guess to most it would be a blob on a coin.
                      I found it in a 50 cent roll, when I was going through some rolls ...

Comment

Working...
                      X