Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High priced Lincoln cent DDOs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Bob - Long time no see. Just to give you an update, James Wiles just attributed six (I believe) 2006, DDO-003s. So they can be added to the count.

Check in the die variety forum, half way down the page for the post on these finds.

BJ Neff
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Thanks BJ,
      Had I been visiting this site more often like I should be doing, I would have read that. I will add those to the total and assume that they had not been reported before, especially since Neal said they found them. That is actually pretty exciting news and should show folks that they are out there. Either way, the total still remains very low, and as you stated, it very well could be one of the scarcest dies and maybe one of the priciest on the modern Lincoln cent series.
      Bob Piazza
      Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

Actually, I should have informed you for I now remember that you and Murphy (the person who discovered this die) are keeping track of just how many of them are found.

BJ

Comment

2006-P DD0-003

I am interesed is selling some of my 2006-P DD0-003 pennies what would be the best way to do this? I have found more.

Comment

2006-P DDO-003

Just for your count I have 1- Stage "A" and now 2 for Stage "B". FOUND MY SECOND STAGE "B'" in a Bank roll search 2 months ago. Highest graded I have is MS 64 (ANACS) Stage "A" and AU-55 Stage "B" and the other one MS-65 Stage "B". All are listed at the POP report for ANACS. I live in NC next to TN and GA.
            Last edited by 1SGRET; 06-25-2008, 09:49 AM. Reason: Variety Number 1DO-017 Stage A & B

Comment

Neal - your best bet is to place then on an on line auction. For obvious reasons, I can not say which auction site is the best, however, there are more than a few to choose from.

1SGRET - I appreciate your up date on the count of this hard to find DDO. I am sure that those who are following this thread and keeping track of the information will also appreciate it.

BJ Neff

Comment

I am indeed still keeping track. As of tonight, the numbers are 11 stage A, and 18 stage Bs reported for a total of 29. However, I don't know if any of them have been reported more than once. Either way folks...it is still an incredible find of one of the strongest doubled dies since the 'single squeeze' was begun.
                Bob Piazza
                Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

Bob: My stage "A" was purchased from Brian Allen last year and my Stage "B" was purchased from Robert Tingle last year. The third coin Stage "B" was never reported until today and was found 2 months ago in my search of Lincolns. Hope this helps out on your stats.

Joe Koelling

Comment

It does help a great deal. At least I have an idea of reported coins from some time ago and newly found specimens. I have already had reports on Brian's and Robert's coins, but the third one you found is what I need to know. I will never get an exact count, but we remain pretty close on this nice variety. Thank you 1SGRET.
                    Bob Piazza
                    Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

2006 P DDO Lincoln

Glad I could help Bob. Keep us posted on your count if you don't mind. Hopefully I'll find some more!!!!!!! Joe

Comment

Based on the newest info I have, and recalculationg yours, I am back to what I reported earlier in this thread. 11 Stage A and 18 Stage B specimens for a total of 29 coins.
                        Bob Piazza
                        Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

Originally posted by 1SGRET View Post
                          Just for your count I have 1- Stage "A" and now 2 for Stage "B". FOUND MY SECOND STAGE "B'" in a Bank roll search 2 months ago. Highest graded I have is MS 64 (ANACS) Stage "A" and AU-55 Stage "B" and the other one MS-65 Stage "B". All are listed at the POP report for ANACS. I live in NC next to TN and GA.
                          Correction: Stage "A" MS64RD and Stage "B" AU-55 and MS63RD

Comment

2006-DDO-003

Charlie from Ervington Kentucky has found two they are MDS graded MS-65. He has one on EBAY I am not sure If these are in your count.
                            Neal

Comment

I will try to track down the info on them. Thanks for the heads-up.
                              Bob Piazza
                              Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

Does anyone know of a LDS Late Die State being found for this Variety? Thanks Neal

Comment

Working...
                                X