Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible New Vam 1881-S Morgan Dollar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible New Vam 1881-S Morgan Dollar

Here's what I see here, a early die state with a very strong strike . Theses are the kinds of coins I like for vams and thats the only reason I bought the coin, or any Morgan dollar . Its all in the hunt for me and there was a new vam added last year . So I know new vams are out there, ready to be discovered . There's only 5 vams with anything to do with a doubled cap ( Vams 59, 63, 68, 68A and 70 ) and 59 is the only one with no images of the doubled cap . So I would say if its not 59, good chance for a new vam here and theses are the seller images too ... Heres the link to Vam World http://www.vamworld.com/1881-S+VAMs
    Attached Files

Nice one sir!Question do you love it? If so f a t p o c c

Comment

Originally posted by billyb View Post
      Nice one sir!Question do you love it? If so f a t p o c c
      I can't wait to receive it, I wish vam world had images of the double cap for vam #59 . I'll have to check the rest of the images for that vam to see if its that vam and if not, theres a good chance it will either be a add on to one of the vams, or a new one altogether ... Thanks for stopping by Billy ...

Comment

Yeah richard I cant find a photo of that vam either. I'am going to my gramps house for dinner. I've already sent him a photo of your dollar but he has not responded yet. I think He's still golfing.He's been collecting them over sixty years. SO he might be able to give me some input on your coin.Also I meant to say CT not CC.HAVE A GOOD ONE!

Comment

Yeah richard I cant find a photo of that vam either. I'am going to my gramps house for dinner. I've already sent him a photo of your dollar but he has not responded yet. I think He's still golfing.He's been collecting them over sixty years. SO he might be able to give me some input on your coin.Also I meant to say CT not CC.HAVE A GOOD ONE!
          Keep me posted Billy, that would be cool .. Thanks again Billy ....

Comment

RICH Sorry for the late response.I drove down to gramps house in the keys hoping I could get some info from him about your coin.But all I got was a broken heart.I walked in his front door and he called me George, and then he asked me where's jenny.George is my uncle and jenny is my Grandmother,Who passed away 10 years ago, So needles to say I did not get any info from him.
            Last edited by billyb; 08-10-2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

RICH Sorry for the late response.I drove down to gramps house in the keys hoping I could get some info from him about your coin.But all I got was a broken heart.I walked in his front door and he called me George, and then he asked me where's jenny.George is my uncle and jenny is my Grandmother,Who passed away 10 years ago, So needles to say I did not get any info from him.
              Thats ok Billy, keep an eye out on your grampa, were all going to need help in the last part of our lives . So do him well, thats all that matters ..

Comment

Thanks Richard I will do.Your kind words mean a lot to me .Image209.jpg

Comment

Thanks Richard I will do.Your kind words mean a lot to me .[ATTACH=CONFIG]9712[/ATTACH]
                  I see some " Mason " stuff there ( hammer & chisel ) . Was your grand-father a mason ?

Comment

That would be a yes.He's a old brick layer from way back.

Comment

That would be a yes.He's a old brick layer from way back.
                      Small world, thats what I did for a living . I started with family and then joined the union . I was involved, really involved in moving the biggest building to ever be moved . ( Gem Theatre ) I built a basement 30 feet deep and an addition on top of the basement, that was 50 feet high and the top floor was the penthouse . This building from what I can remember, was move 3 miles down Woodward Ave. to its new home . The structure damage was very little, this building was built with a bond thats known as " True Header " and was built with reclaim brick . Heres a couple of images of it Billy and be very proud of your grand-father, back in his day they war a dress shirt and tie to work, and thats know lie ... The first image is where it started and the second is its new home . Billy, theres also a documentary on moving this building and I'm the guy with the long hair ...
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Stachowski; 08-13-2015, 10:27 AM.

Comment

So Richard you were a Mason and Stoner? LOL.. I remember them doing this.. Dont remember when but it was before Y2K.. Late 90's.

When are you supposed to get that Dollar, I am curious how this turns out.
                        Proud Member: CONECA, TEC, HVNS, NS, ANA, WIN, WINS, MSNS

Comment

Originally posted by Jamez View Post
                          So Richard you were a Mason and Stoner? LOL.. I remember them doing this.. Dont remember when but it was before Y2K.. Late 90's.

When are you supposed to get that Dollar, I am curious how this turns out.
                          I've been tracking that dollar and it should be here friday . As for the gem, about 96 they started it, something I'll never forget . There was a lot going on around the theatre, the ball park was starting to get built, building around the theatre had to come down and home-less people were inside of them, and the 36 district court was right next to the theatre and everday at 3:00 pm the freaks were released from jail ... Lol ....

Comment

Vam 74

I still don't understand why Vam World never mention the doubling on the back of the cap .. Even in the image posted on the site, little over exposed, but you can still see it's there. At first I thought it was part of the " Spike 8 " family, but couldn't match the mint-mark ( Tilted Right ) to any of the vams in that family . Here's the link to this vam http://www.vamworld.com/1881-S+VAM-74 And here's the link to sort by date http://www.vamworld.com/1881-S+Sort+by+Date
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Stachowski; 08-15-2015, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Here's another image of the back of the cap, with a little bit of overhead lighting added ..
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X