Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do You Think 2007 Lincoln Cent Ear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Think 2007 Lincoln Cent Ear

It doesn't look like it took a hit to me
    Attached Files

I'am not really sure about those.Because I've been told it took a hit,or it's gas bubble,and a whole bunch of other things as well.Maybe MR.POTTER will tell us what he thinks.
    Last edited by billyb; 09-17-2015, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by billyb View Post
      I'am not really sure about those.Because I've been told it took a hit,or it's gas bubble,and a whole bunch of other things as well.Maybe MR.POTTER will tell us what he thinks.
      I'm not sure either Billy, but I don't see anywhere around the area in question where it was hit .

Heres another image and I still don't see where it took a hit there,or anywhere else close to the area in question .
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Stachowski; 09-17-2015, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Image337.jpg here's one I found it's a 2000 p

Comment

[QUOTE=billyb;16435 here's one I found it's a 2000 p[/QUOTE]

I straighten your image out Billy, and cropped it too . I'm not sure, I'm no expert .. Lol ...
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank's.I'am just a rookie new too all this,But I do see something that looks doubled on that ear.Tommy said it might be a gas bubble.So I took a toothpick to it and it did not pop,plus a pin and still nothing.There's a die crack running from the top of the head all the way down through the ear.I don't know if they are markers.that could be used for this die.

Comment

It looks like a doubled die but I can't be sure. Can you get even better images? Nice coin of a DD!
              Ken Potter
              CONECA Public Relations
              Member of: CONECA-HLM, ANA-LM, MSNS-HLM, NWDCC, CSNS, NLG, IASAC, Fly-In
              Visit my website: http://koinpro.tripod.com
              Visit CONECA's Website
              Unless otherwise noted, images are by Ken Potter and copyright Ken Potter 2015.

CONECA Notice: Any individual is encouraged to submit articles, opinions, or any other material beneficial to the numismatic community. Contributions should not be libelous or slanderous; ethics and good taste shall be adhered to. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent the official CONECA policy or those of its officers. The act of submitting material shall constitute an expressed warranty by the contributor that the material is original; if not, source and permission must be provided.

Comment

Originally posted by koinpro View Post
                It looks like a doubled die but I can't be sure. Can you get even better images? Nice coin of a DD!
                I'll take some new images ken ...

Comment

Originally posted by koinpro View Post

Here a new image ken, I took this one with the coin facing east to west .

The other ones were taken facing north to south .
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Stachowski; 09-18-2015, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Here a couple more too ken, the coin is facing east to west when images were taken ..
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Stachowski; 09-18-2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Bring it to the show.
                      Ken Potter
                      CONECA Public Relations
                      Member of: CONECA-HLM, ANA-LM, MSNS-HLM, NWDCC, CSNS, NLG, IASAC, Fly-In
                      Visit my website: http://koinpro.tripod.com
                      Visit CONECA's Website
                      Unless otherwise noted, images are by Ken Potter and copyright Ken Potter 2015.

CONECA Notice: Any individual is encouraged to submit articles, opinions, or any other material beneficial to the numismatic community. Contributions should not be libelous or slanderous; ethics and good taste shall be adhered to. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent the official CONECA policy or those of its officers. The act of submitting material shall constitute an expressed warranty by the contributor that the material is original; if not, source and permission must be provided.

Comment

I will ken, I'm stocking up . The ANA show is for 3 days and I'll have plenty to bring ..

Comment

Ken, I used one of your images ( 2007 die clash ) from " Recent Finds " to do a side by side
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Stachowski; 09-20-2015, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Looks to be a double ear to me the lower lobe for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy54 View Post
                              Looks to be a double ear to me the lower lobe for sure.
                              I think its good too ... Ken call me so we can meet .... I should of went to the show today ....

Comment

Working...
                              X