Thread: 1921-S Morgan Dollar Vam 28

1. Default 1921-S Morgan Dollar Vam 28

Heres the link to this vam http://www.vamworld.com/1921-S+VAM-28
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Stachowski; 10-08-2015 at 11:38 PM.

Very Nine example.You can really see the polish marks in the wings.I think it's a better example then vam world has posted.I cant really see the marks on the one they have posted. My question is, was that in your collection or did you just buy it?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by billyb View Post
    Very Nine example.You can really see the polish marks in the wings.I think it's a better example then vam world has posted.I cant really see the marks on the one they have posted. My question is, was that in your collection or did you just buy it?

Just purchased, 65 dollars on ebay .
    Heres some quick images of the obverse & reverse . The coin is snowy white in color ..

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by billyb View Post
    My images are getting beter .
    A dino-lite dealer has been giving me some pointers on taking better images .
    This is the first coin I tried it on, especially the wing area .

What was his tip(s)?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 2Old View Post
    What was his tip(s)?
    Instead of turning the coin to catch the correct positioning, turn the scope instead to catch it .
    I'll use this image to show what I'm talking about . I should of just turned the scope to put this coin straight ( north & south ) this way the lighting would of stayed in the area I wanted to photo, which in this case was the back of the ear . If I was to turn the coin I would lose the area ( lighting ) I want to photo, which again is the back of the ear ..
    Last edited by Stachowski; 10-10-2015 at 02:13 PM.

I'm not sure moving the scope would work for me. I've got guide markers set on my screen which I use a position coin for overlays.

What stand are you using? I'm using the Dino-Lite MS35B Rigid Table Top Pole Stand.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 2Old View Post
    I'm not sure moving the scope would work for me. I've got guide markers set on my screen which I use a position coin for overlays.

What stand are you using? I'm using the Dino-Lite MS35B Rigid Table Top Pole Stand.

I own one like this