Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some findings at the Virginia Beach, VA show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some findings at the Virginia Beach, VA show

The Virginia Beach show didn't offer a CONECA table, and I was strapped for space. I did look over a few coins for people, but there wasn't anything super exciting. The show was pretty decent for me on Saturday. Sunday was a typical slow day, so I got to walk around and purchase a few odds and ends. this show I bought a few proof sets (2) 1960 small date, (2) 1961, (2) 1962 and (1) 1963.

I took them home and I searched through the 1960 small dates. I ended up getting this coin....

01-19.jpg02-60.jpg05-IN.jpg06-GO.jpg07-OD.jpg08-WE.jpg09-TR.jpg11-ST.jpg

Its a 1960 small date proof Lincoln cent with CONECA DDO 005 and CONECA DDR 008. That makes it an EDS coin. Its one that will be sent off to be slabbed by ANACS soon.
    Gary Kozera

The other 1960 small date proof Lincoln is a DDR, it exhibits the same features as DDR-008, but I will have to confirm. The Obverse is clean, no apparent DDO on the second 1960 small date proof.
    Gary Kozera

Comment

Working...
    X