Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please advise...as I don't want to duplicate or waste someone's precious time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please advise...as I don't want to duplicate or waste someone's precious time

Just a general question. As a member of CONECA I certainly appreciate the true experts that so graciously give of their time to answer our questions and respond to our posts on this forum. I also view the Coin Community Family Error Forum as it has interesting posts as well and appears to have a wider audience. The question is....when I have a coin in question, is it best for me to post it here or give it more general reach by posting it in both places. I sure don't want folks to have to waste their time seeing the same coin in two places but the opinions sometimes vary greatly....Thoughts ?????? I tend to think that this forum is THE forum for errors since it is THE focus and nothing more...but educating the masses sure has its benefits as well! I welcome your opinions as always.
    Bob
    CONECA Member

I have friends on Coneca, Collector universe and Cointalk too .
    So I use all three forums ...
    Coneca is where I get my best answers at and there's no questions about that ....

Comment

Generally speaking, There are more combined years of Error Collectors here on this forum than any other.
      This forum is designed to support the error collector, where other forums dabble in many other areas.

Its totally up to you. What I don't understand is, why not duplicate a post ? There are many in this forum that will occasionally visit other forums and "show the CONECA flag".
      If you have a common place to drop photos and can provide links for people to view these photos, you could generically word the post and copy/paste it on several different forums if you desired to do so.

I don't believe in any moment some one is going to say you're wasting some one's time. People will respond if they have time and know about the type of error or variety you have in hand. With good photos of the area in question, along with a decent full pic of the obverse and reverse, many will chime in. I will add that sure, over the years if some one continually puts up tens, if not hundreds of machine doubled coins and doesn't learn from what these VIP's are saying, then over time, sure, maybe there would be less posts than normal. That example may be a bit extreme, but for the most part the CONECA forum will assist most to get the person an accurate answer on what type of coin is in some one's hand.

I know many of the VIP members here are busy with other side projects from time to time, so its just exercising patience for them to reply.

The wider audience you speak of doesn't necessarily mean the diagnosis of the coin at hand will be accurate. I've tried other forums and seen mass confusion on most until a resident expert like Mike D. or a senior attributor from this sight chimes in about a specific coin chimes in and puts the audience back on track.

You can either get a straight honest answer here on the CONECA forum and have limited amount of replies, or you can go somewhere else, get a sketchy analysis of your coins and have a handful of people reply and pat you on the back. For me, its about accuracy and expertise which you will always find here on the CONECA website.
      Gary Kozera

Comment

Well Said Gary. Thank you for taking the time to type that up so I didn't have to.. : )

Jim
        Proud Member: CONECA, TEC, HVNS, NS, ANA, WIN, WINS, MSNS

Comment

Gary...Thank you for the thoughtful reply......and it makes perfect sense what you say. I do agree...I have always found that this forum has the most to offer as far as expertise goes. Other forums can provide numerous replies (many off base) and the occasional thumbs up but for the serious pursuit of the hobby it certainly seems that this forum trumps all others and I am happy to call myself a CONECA member.
          Bob
          CONECA Member

Comment

Working...
          X