Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying Eagle and Indian Head Cent Die Varieties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying Eagle and Indian Head Cent Die Varieties

Howdy all,

My name is Russ Doughty and I'm an avid collector of the FEC and IHC series. I've long been aware of CONECA, but it wasn't until recently that I learned CONECA is into 19th century die varieties. So I joined tonight on the forum and paid my membership dues. This marks the seventh club of which I'm a member. The others include the ANA, Oklahoma NA, Fly-In Club, Indian Territory Coin Club, Chopmark Collectors, and Central States.

The most joy I get from my favorite hobby is when I get to collaborate with others to share information. I love laughing and talking coins.

EDITED OUT

Please let me know if you have questions or if I could ever be of help to you, the club, or the hobby.

Cheers,

Russ
    Last edited by Jamez; 12-27-2015, 03:48 PM.

Nice to meet you Russ. This is great to know. I added you as a contact. I'm mainly a Lincoln variety collector, but when searching eBay, I search all small cents. I only own 1 IHC variety (1890 MPD-001, S6, FS-402), but am always looking to expand my collection. From time to time I run across an IHC or FEC variety listed as a normal coin, but have no idea of value. If I have any questions in the future, I'd love to be able to pick your brain on the subject. Again, welcome to the forum.

Comment

Hey Jay thanks! I have a new camera setup, so hopefully I can get some nice shots now. I have many rolls and pounds of unsearched wheats, so who knows what is in there. Now I have the power to photograph them. I'll try to attribute them and put them in 2x2s for Lincoln collectors to enjoy.

Let me know if I can be of any help. A link to my website has been posted in the 'Links' section of the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by boomtree View Post
        Hey Jay thanks! I have a new camera setup, so hopefully I can get some nice shots now. I have many rolls and pounds of unsearched wheats, so who knows what is in there. Now I have the power to photograph them. I'll try to attribute them and put them in 2x2s for Lincoln collectors to enjoy.

Let me know if I can be of any help. A link to my website has been posted in the 'Links' section of the forum.
        Wow boomtree, it truely is a pleasure! I didn't realize you were Russ. I have your site bookmarked! It's the only one I use if I think I've spotted an unattributed FEC or IHC on eBay. Your site, along with the CPG, helped me cherrypick the 1890 MPD-001 (S6). The site is spectacular!

I think (hope) I have an 1897 (S1)(1 in neck) MPD on the way from eBay right now. The image is far away, so I can't tell for sure if the "1" is correctly oriented or not. I took a chance at $3.25 free ship. Here's the link to the listing if you want to take a look. I hope it's here tomorrow so I'll know for sure.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/1897-1C-BN-Ind...=1231727011014

Comment

Yeah, that is it. Nice score!

They are common and very much in demand. One time I bought a lot of 10 1897 Indian Cents and 2 of them were the 1 in neck. The higher grades are tough to find.

Comment

Good to see you hear Russ! And as a member!
            Ken Potter
            CONECA Public Relations
            Member of: CONECA-HLM, ANA-LM, MSNS-HLM, NWDCC, CSNS, NLG, IASAC, Fly-In
            Visit my website: http://koinpro.tripod.com
            Visit CONECA's Website
            Unless otherwise noted, images are by Ken Potter and copyright Ken Potter 2015.

CONECA Notice: Any individual is encouraged to submit articles, opinions, or any other material beneficial to the numismatic community. Contributions should not be libelous or slanderous; ethics and good taste shall be adhered to. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent the official CONECA policy or those of its officers. The act of submitting material shall constitute an expressed warranty by the contributor that the material is original; if not, source and permission must be provided.

Comment

Working...
            X