Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof 1971-S Ike Dollar DDR A Work In Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof 1971-S Ike Dollar DDR A Work In Progress

Just purchased a cheap 34 dollar scope, only paid 22 bucks because it was used once .

So lets get started, I think it will be a TDR, myself .

Keep a eye out, they'll will be more images posted .....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stachowski; 01-12-2016, 11:25 AM.

Straight Peg Leg ( R )

Here's an image with my old scope .

It's a " Straight Peg Leg " ( R ) ...

This coin was also minted in 1971, starting in 1972, ( still minting 71s ) the mint put a serif in the lower right leg of the " R " ...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stachowski; 01-12-2016, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Nice photos richard! Plus that's a nice looking coin.

Comment

Second L In Dollar

Here's an image of the second " L " in Dollar ..
        Attached Files

Comment

New Image Straight Peg Leg ( R )

I took a new image of the " Straight Peg Leg " .

This is the rarest of all the peg legs for the 1971-S Ike Dollar .
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm starting to do some hunting around on this DDR and I noticed, that on the reverse there's a star thats either in the eagle wing, or not and thats a good marker to use when hunting down a DDR .

I'm also going to post an image of the MintMark too ..
            Attached Files

Comment

Matching MintMark

Well after doing some hunting and to match Mint-Mark, looks like it's IDDDO-141 .
              Minds just an early die state, the image I matched up to is stage C ..
              I'll post more images now that I have something to match up to ...
              Attached Files

Comment

G & O Of GOD

Here's an image of the G and O of God .

I used the one from IDDDO-141 to match up with ..
                Attached Files

Comment

All Done

It turn out to be IDDDO-140 .

I'm also including images of E PLURIBUS UNUM

1971 S Silver PF Obverse

New Coin: IDDDO-140 71-S PF WD-i P IDDDR-WH-8 IDDP-129

Cross Reference: None known.

Attributed by: Thomas Kalantzis.

Class: Obverse class I.

Submitted by: Thomas Kalantzis for obverse stage F and G reverse stage E.

Obverse Description: CW class I doubling seen on IN GOD WE TRUST, date FG, LIBERTY.

Reverse Description: CCW spread in the form of split serif's on the upper left serif's of UNITED, CW spread in the form of split serif's seen on the lower left serif's of TATE OF AMERICA, a shift to the center on E PLURIBUS UNUM in the form of split serif's, stars 3-13 FG & leaf below, bottom right serif's of the NE of one, early die stage show split serf's on the tips of LL in dollar.

Markers: Obverse Kalantzis specimen Stage F: Scratch pattern eye pocket. Stage F sports a bulls-eye caused by abrading and polishing of the die; short die scratch inside the iris is seen in all stages. Die scratch pattern in hair under R of LIBERTY. Obverse Kalantzis specimen Stage G: Small die chips on the rim to the right of the I of IN and a second die chip on the rim under the first T of TRUST. Reverse Kalantzis specimen Stage E: N/S die scratch pattern just above the right leg of the R in dollar as well as the lower half of the eagles wings and tail feathers. Diagonal die scratch on the rim above the D of UNITED. Two die scratches on the rim above the first S of STATES.

Date recorded: 4/8 2008. Coin.

Population: 2. Obverse hub 8 Reverse hub 8.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Stachowski; 01-22-2016, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Couldn't Add All The Images To The Last Post

I couldn't add all the images to the last post, so here they are .

Images of UNUM and the " R " in DOLLAR, with the Designer Signature too .
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Stachowski; 01-22-2016, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X