Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrible news: Tom Kalantzis passed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible news: Tom Kalantzis passed.

Copied from Wexler's site:

"BULLETIN: It is with a very sad and heavy heart that I must announce the passing of Tom Kalantzis. He succumbed to a brain aneurism on Tuesday. As many of you know, Tom was working diligently as the new RPM attributer for the Wexler RPM Files. He was making great strides at getting the files back in shape after they were left in a shambles by the previous RPM attributer. RPM attributions can continue for denominations and/or dates within a denomination that are marked as "Complete" on this website, but the coins will have to be sent to me. The hobby has lost a great man."

Horrible news for sure!

Originally posted by jay4202472000 View Post
    Copied from Wexler's site:

"BULLETIN: It is with a very sad and heavy heart that I must announce the passing of Tom Kalantzis. He succumbed to a brain aneurism on Tuesday. As many of you know, Tom was working diligently as the new RPM attributer for the Wexler RPM Files. He was making great strides at getting the files back in shape after they were left in a shambles by the previous RPM attributer. RPM attributions can continue for denominations and/or dates within a denomination that are marked as "Complete" on this website, but the coins will have to be sent to me. The hobby has lost a great man."

Horrible news for sure!
    That's crazy, I just talked to him 2 weeks ago too ...

Comment

I knew you two had worked with each other a good bit. That's why I posted it over here. I knew you'd want to know. Sad deal man!

Comment

Originally posted by jay4202472000 View Post
        I knew you two had worked with each other a good bit. That's why I posted it over here. I knew you'd want to know. Sad deal man!

Very sad indeed ..
        I just sent some Ike to ANACS and after they came back, I was going to send them to him .

Comment

Very sad news indeed.
          Ken Potter
          CONECA Public Relations
          Member of: CONECA-HLM, ANA-LM, MSNS-HLM, NWDCC, CSNS, NLG, IASAC, Fly-In
          Visit my website: http://koinpro.tripod.com
          Visit CONECA's Website
          Unless otherwise noted, images are by Ken Potter and copyright Ken Potter 2015.

CONECA Notice: Any individual is encouraged to submit articles, opinions, or any other material beneficial to the numismatic community. Contributions should not be libelous or slanderous; ethics and good taste shall be adhered to. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent the official CONECA policy or those of its officers. The act of submitting material shall constitute an expressed warranty by the contributor that the material is original; if not, source and permission must be provided.

Comment

Working...
          X