Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000-P Massive Strike- Through ( Retained )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000-P Massive Strike- Through ( Retained )

I think this is a Retained Strike-Through .
    Attached Files

I don't see anything retained?
    James Zimmerman
    Coneca N-911
    CONECA PA State Rep/Treasurer

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmy View Post
      I don't see anything retained?
      http://www.error-ref.com/struckthrougherrors/

Comment

I don't understand your response. Again, what is retained on your coin? All that I see is a small struck through area on the lower bust of Washington...nothing retained.
        James Zimmerman
        Coneca N-911

Comment

I don't understand your response. Again, what is retained on your coin? All that I see is a small struck through area on the lower bust of Washington...nothing retained.
          You must of missed the big hump on the Reverse ( embedded ) ...
          Attached Files

Comment

Oh...now I see what you are referring to. I wasn't looking closely at things. Your coin is actually damaged outside of the mint. Someone or something made a punch on the lower portion of the bust on the obverse and the corresponding reverse bulged out from the pressure. Your coin isn't a mint error but just damaged.
            James Zimmerman
            Coneca N-911

Comment

Oh...now I see what you are referring to. I wasn't looking closely at things. Your coin is actually damaged outside of the mint. Someone or something made a punch on the lower portion of the bust on the obverse and the corresponding reverse bulged out from the pressure. Your coin isn't a mint error but just damaged.
              I'll be at the Polish show next month with Ken & Jim and the rest of the boys . I'll let you know what they think about it ....

Comment

James I'll take a couple of images of the die crack .
                Attached Files

Comment

Ok James, I put some arrows to where some of the cracks are . The one going through the " R " runs through the rim too ...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Stachowski; 01-22-2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I agree with those who've concluded that this is post-strike damage.
                    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Working...
                    X