Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coin of the Virginia Beach Coin show 1955 DDO in MS64 or higher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coin of the Virginia Beach Coin show 1955 DDO in MS64 or higher

I am at a show in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

A Gentleman named Don stopped by my tables. He has a 1969-S Lincoln Cent that appeared to show split serifs on the date. It was very minor, probably a class 5, but with my limited light setup I couldn't pull the splits out. He found it in pocket change over the past year. Maybe I will have a chance to do it right at another upcoming show.

The second coin was quite impressive, it was a 1955 Lincoln Cent Doubled Die. He was kind enough to let me photograph the coin, and I sent him these images as well. The phones are pretty typical, and the most important one of all was the die scratches on the reverse under the 'T" in CENT. I think this coin has a chance at a MS-65. The front of the coin looked a bit dull, but other than that she was a beauty.

55-1n-god.jpg55-rev-T-scratch.jpg55-trust.jpg55-we.jpg1955-doubled-die-obv.jpg
    Gary Kozera
Working...
X