Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unattributed Nickel DDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unattributed Nickel DDR

20170407_211029.jpg

20170407_210852.jpg

I don't see any DDO's or DDR's attributed for this nickel and none in the Set Registry collections.

Originally posted by Toned Woodie View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]12186[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12187[/ATTACH]

I don't see any DDO's or DDR's attributed for this nickel and none in the Set Registry collections.
    What year is this nickel ?

Comment

It would be more fun if you guessed knowing I'm not going to keep you in the dark!

It is between 90 and 2003 and it is not a 91.

Do you see doubling?

Comment

Do you think this is DDD or actually a Doubled Die?

I have two others representing earlier, and I believe later, die stages.

Comment

ok, since nobody will answer with an opinion on this and the two "attributors" that appear to do nickles are either having medical problems or with faulty contact information, who should I send this to in order to get it attributed?

Easily visible at 5X.

Comment

Look on John Wexlers site. I think he lists a a person who attributes nickles.
            The other place to look is on the CONECA main page under attributions, there should be a few people who do nickles.

I can barely make out doubling. I don't help with attributions that don't supply the year to make my life easier.

Have you been to this website?
            https://www2.briansvarietycoins.com/listings
            Gary Kozera

Comment

Working...
            X