Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Stachowski destroy this forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Stachowski destroy this forum?

Finding all the cool errors and varieties then posting them crazy pictures of them?

Originally posted by Toned Woodie View Post
    Finding all the cool errors and varieties then posting them crazy pictures of them?
    I'm a variety nut, at least that's what Ken & Jim say .

Comment

I know that, we haven't chatted since CT.

Coins a bit easier on the hands and back that blocks.

Comment

I know that, we haven't chatted since CT.

Coins a bit easier on the hands and back that blocks.
        I have a nice 71 lincoln DDO-003 coming in today .
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-P-Linco...vip=true&rt=nc

Comment

Originally posted by Stachowski View Post
          I have a nice 71 lincoln DDO-003 coming in today .
          Not bad, think you can do anything with that black spot on the rev?

Comment

Not bad, think you can do anything with that black spot on the rev?
            I won't, doesn't matter to me . It is, what it is ...

Comment

Ski is a great hunter of errors and varieties. I have a ton of them as well, but I simply don't have the time to post them all in here. I'll add a selection of them on my shopping cart, and I carry a decent amount to the shows I set up at.

He keeps the forum active, and that's a good thing. Most everyone that has commented over the years in here have found breaks in their busy schedule to offer a post here and there, but there are dry periods like any forum.

If he isn't already, he should become a State Representative and ask the show promoters in the area for a free CONECA table. There are many collectors out there looking for help and a direction to go. Once you've helped a person a few times they understand the logic of trying to confirm or debunk a potential error or variety. Once the light bulb gets a bit brighter from obtaining help, the people are hooked and become members of the CONECA community. Though errors and varieties are not dead and drying up, the more dramatic ones seem harder to cherry pick.

You can learn a lot from Ski's photos. All it takes is a keen eye, a good photograph of the issue at hand, along with a full obverse and reverse of the coin and references will aid you in understanding what the issue really is. Some one will search for an error they think they found, and the possibility exists that they will land on this forum and be able to see some pretty good examples of the issue.

I don't consider it destroyed. I consider the ample amount of posts an educational tool.
              Gary Kozera

Comment

Originally posted by MintErrors View Post
                Ski is a great hunter of errors and varieties. I have a ton of them as well, but I simply don't have the time to post them all in here. I'll add a selection of them on my shopping cart, and I carry a decent amount to the shows I set up at.

He keeps the forum active, and that's a good thing. Most everyone that has commented over the years in here have found breaks in their busy schedule to offer a post here and there, but there are dry periods like any forum.

If he isn't already, he should become a State Representative and ask the show promoters in the area for a free CONECA table. There are many collectors out there looking for help and a direction to go. Once you've helped a person a few times they understand the logic of trying to confirm or debunk a potential error or variety. Once the light bulb gets a bit brighter from obtaining help, the people are hooked and become members of the CONECA community. Though errors and varieties are not dead and drying up, the more dramatic ones seem harder to cherry pick.

You can learn a lot from Ski's photos. All it takes is a keen eye, a good photograph of the issue at hand, along with a full obverse and reverse of the coin and references will aid you in understanding what the issue really is. Some one will search for an error they think they found, and the possibility exists that they will land on this forum and be able to see some pretty good examples of the issue.

I don't consider it destroyed. I consider the ample amount of posts an educational tool.
                I was being facetious while getting a bit impatient during a lull here........ Ski knows I'm a fan.

http://board.conecaonline.org/showth...ted-Nickel-DDR

DDR or DDD?

Comment

Thanks Gary, for the nice comment and I do work the Coneca table, at the local shows .
                  I always have lots of fun and always, with Ken potter & Jim motley . Great bunch to be around ...

Comment

Working...
                  X