Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Folder Proposals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions

Hi Mike,

This is a great place that you have getting started. (Forget the use of the poor english, I have the flu) :-)

Some suggestions would be an EDUCATION forum where articles could be posted that would help to answer some of the basic questions. They could be done by members or volunteers but approved by Mods and then the use of "STICKYS" could be done to keep the posts set up for no replies.

Not quite a FAQ forum, but a place where articles can be put that explain the coins that really have value. It will help to explain things like minor die cracks, die chips and mintmark placement for example, rather than field 1000 questions on those. This section can explain the different forms of die doubling, for example.

It might have a section that truly explains die doubling vs. mechanical doubling with pics. You have the folks here at CONECA that can do that in a heartbeat.

Other suggestions would be to segregate the denomnations, and then separate errors from varieties.

For Example, LINCOLN CENT VARIETIES
    LINCOLN CENT ERRORS

JEFFERSON NICKEL VARIETIES
    JEFFERSON NICKEL ERRORS
    etc.
    That would allow CONECA to educate the average collector as to the differences between the two by suggesting that the coin or question be posted in the appropriate forum..

I know you want to limit folders, but I think it gets confusing to look through a ton of mixed up variety posts to find the type of coins that we might have an interest in.

A VAM category would be good in there as well.

Also, These forums allow you to set up a separate and PRIVATE forum that only mods and admins can get to so that you have the ability to use the forums to discuss things among yourselves. We have that set up on http://www.theperch.net one of the bird websites that I moderate.

You may want to set up a TEST forum , most forum sites have that so folks can learn how to post pics for example without sticking an "experiment" right in the middle of a thread someplace:-)

You may want to set up a GREETINGS section for new members to see. It can offer a welcome and explain the rules other than the rules that were seen and forgotten when a person signs up.

Just some ideas...

Thanks Mike,

Have Fun,
    Bill
    Last edited by foundinrolls; 08-15-2007, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. This is a work in progress, so it may take a little time to incorporate some of them. I am going to avoid the proliferation of separate forums, as that leads to more problems than it solves, in my opinion.
      Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

I have a question. When I open a thread the last post is on the top instead of the bottom. I have to scroll all the way down to see the OP then start back up reading the posts. Is there something I can change from my end or is this the way it set up?
        Thanks,
        ED

Comment

Originally posted by diamond
          I don't understand why you're having this problem. The site is configured so that the oldest post in each thread comes first. That's the way it's always come up for me. Try going to your user control panel (User CP) on the left side near the top. Go to "Settings &Options". Click on "Edit Options". Scroll down to "Thread Display Options". Select "Linear-Oldest First". Scroll to the very bottom and click on "Save Changes". That should do it.
          I don't understand why you're having this problem. The site is configured so that the oldest post in each thread comes first. That's the way it's always come up for me. Try going to your user control panel (User CP) on the left side near the top. Go to "Settings & Options". Click on "Edit Options". Scroll down to "Thread Display Options". Select "Linear-Oldest First". Scroll to the very bottom and click on "Save Changes". That should do it.
          Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Thanks Mike, It's Fixed now.
            ED

Comment

Working...
            X