Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brown Proof 1963 10c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown Proof 1963 10c

I've come across a Proof Lincoln Cent (not a dime as in the header... TYPO) in a set and this thing is BROWN. There is not one hint of red on this at all and it is not from toning either. Is this a common thing as I've never seen one like this in any Proof Set?2017-10-13 08.37.45.jpg2017-10-13 08.39.31.jpg
    Last edited by rockindad; 10-13-2017, 04:47 PM.

Are you sure it's not a deep cam ?
    Here's an image of one from Pcgs .
    Attached Files

Comment

It is possible, it's just the field seems the same as the profile and there is no mirror or sheen that I can distinguish through the cellophane. While Lincoln's profile seems to have a possible CAM/DCAM finish to it, none of the lettering or reverse appear to have any of the cameo characteristics? I think I'll take this one to my "guy" and see what he thinks. I am not taking this one out of the wrapper due to its potential, I'll leave that to a professional. The quarter in the set is DCAM, the nickel is CAM with purple/gold tones, the dime is borderline CAM, but poor old Ben is just a regular high proof coin. This is my best all around '63 proof set.

Comment

Working...
      X