Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mint scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mint scratches

I was looking through a roll of 2014 d shield pennies that I bought new from the bank in 2014. I noticed that most of the coins had scratch marks on them that make them rather ugly. Again these are uncirculated cents from a bank roll. They can be viewed at:

https://coinerrors.shutterfly.com/pictures#n_5

Originally posted by mchera View Post
    I was looking through a roll of 2014 d shield pennies that I bought new from the bank in 2014. I noticed that most of the coins had scratch marks on them that make them rather ugly. Again these are uncirculated cents from a bank roll. They can be viewed at:

https://coinerrors.shutterfly.com/pictures#n_5
    Pretty common to see this. Remember the mint does not Roll coins, they are shipped from the mint in bags and rolled by private companies who deliver to banks etc..
    Proud Member: CONECA, TEC, HVNS, NS, ANA, WIN, WINS, MSNS

Comment

Working...
    X