Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1964-D Jefferson Nickel Coneca RPM-004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964-D Jefferson Nickel Coneca RPM-004

Old change find from in the early 2000 .
    http://varietyvista.com/05%20JN%20RPMs/1964DRPM004.htm
    Attached Files

I was looking at this post and trying to determine if my 1964-D is an RPM1964 D D RPM 5C.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by n-6458 View Post
      I was looking at this post and trying to determine if my 1964-D is an RPM1964 D D RPM 5C.jpg
      Sure looks like #4 to me ....

Comment

What's the next step, send it in to get verified by coneca or to PCGS/NGC?

Comment

It all depends what you want to do with the coin. Most people who have collections just want to have a number for it. Others want to have high grade examples and have them graded. Sometimes, the price of authentication is more than the coin is worth.
          Bob Piazza
          Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

I'm thinking this coin is fairly high grade, it was taken from the mint packaging, maybe MS64. Not sure of value so that's where I stand, like it was stated, not sure if grading or authentication is more than the coin's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by n-6458 View Post
              I'm thinking this coin is fairly high grade, it was taken from the mint packaging, maybe MS64. Not sure of value so that's where I stand, like it was stated, not sure if grading or authentication is more than the coin's worth.
              Don't slab .
              save your money for some cherry picker coins .

Comment

I'm not sure it's a RPM, I see what I think is MD and then strong die wear. Sending a regular RPM to a TPG makes little to no sense unless it was the discovery coin.
                Jason Cuvelier

CONECA
                Lead attributer

Comment

Working...
                X