Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothint to see here - a 1991 Lincoln Cent "squeeze job" <?>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothint to see here - a 1991 Lincoln Cent "squeeze job" <?>

Being a CONECA rep, I see all sorts of wonderful and wierd stuff come to the table. For those that haven't seen what a possible "squeeze job" looks like, I have one for your entertainment. It looks like the extra TRUST on the obverse is from a nickel. If you closely at the opposite side of the coin, you will see additional damage, probably from a vise or other tool.

The area of concern is extremely deep as noted on the reverse. Plus there is additional damage by the "A" in AMERICA".

Typically if it is of another denomination, the extra lettering from a different coin would NOT be backwards. There is one exception that I can think of off the top of my head - Brockages may have reversed lettering, but they are typically done with the same type coins. For example, a Brockage of a cent on a cent or nickel on a nickel.

1991-lincoln-cent-squeeze-job-obv.jpg

1991-lincoln-cent-sqeeze-job-rev.jpg
    Gary Kozera
Working...
X