Thread: 1973-D Kennedy Half (CONECA DDO-001)

Question 1973-D Kennedy Half (CONECA DDO-001)

After a few years on hiatus from numismatics, I recently started roll hunting again. I was teaching my 10yo daughter how to use the Cherrypicker's Guide as we were going through a stack of 1973-D Kennedy halves. I was quite surprised when we came across this particular circulated sample. I only have a cheap usb microscope and a camera with bad lighting, but did my best to get a clear image on the pick up point on WE TRUST and the 3. What are your thoughts? In the Guide it claims that this variety had been mostly found in the Kansas City area, but this one was found in the Big Empty State of Wyoming!

KENNEDY_HALF-1973D-DD0_001-WE_TRUST-2.jpg
    KENNEDY_HALF-1973D-DDO_001-E_TRUST_3-HD.jpg

Default 73D DDO-001 Kennedy Half Dollar FS-50-1973D-101 (14.8)

Looks like the CONECA listed 73D DDO-001 to me. Checkout the CONECA Master Listings...http://varietyvista.com/Variety%20Ma...94.htm#_1973-D.
    Also you can see photos in James Wiles The Kennedy Half Dollar Book, see attached photo of page 261. DSCN8448.jpg

That looks like a really handy book there! I'll have to save up a bit and see if I can get a copy of that. I found some references online somewhere showing all of the areas of doubling and it all matches up. Seeing that page though clarifies doubling in the hair for me though. I wasn't too sure if that doubling was actually there or if he was meant to have split ends.

4. Default

Nice Find!