Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1874 IHC with gouged eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1874 IHC with gouged eye

Hello my new CONECA friends! First time poster to this site and have been a member for a few years. I have a 1874 indian head cent with a neat die gouge in eye similar to the 1902 snow-4. I've sent emails with pics to Rick Snow and Mr. Fivaz, but have had no reply. I totally understand both are very busy gentlemen and may not have seen my emails. I just discovered I can post on this forum and thought I'd give it a shot.
    Any comments or suggestions would be great. Here are a few pics. The coin is in a PCGS slab graded XF45.

Thanks!
    Jody

1874 IHC OB1 gouge eye3 XF45.jpg1874 IHC OB1 gouge eye1 XF45.jpg
    1874 IHC OB gouge eye XF45.jpg

There is something going on there, thats for sure. Doesn't have the same type of makeup as the 1902 however. I would send in another request to Rick Snow, if he doesn't respond shoot me an email and I will see what I can come up with for you.
    Proud Member: CONECA, TEC, HVNS, NS, ANA, WIN, WINS, MSNS

Comment

Originally posted by Jamez View Post
      There is something going on there, thats for sure. Doesn't have the same type of makeup as the 1902 however. I would send in another request to Rick Snow, if he doesn't respond shoot me an email and I will see what I can come up with for you.
      Thanks so much for the response Jamez! I did get a response from Rick Snow and sent him the coin in late Nov. It's funny, I just sent Rick a email asking to confirm he rec'vd my coin just this morning, and then seen your response. I know Rick is a busy guy and these things take time. I sent the coin USPS Priority and he should have rec'vd it Nov 27th. So hopefully I get a confirmation he has it in his possession. Thanks again for the response! Happy New Year!

Jody

Comment

Sent to Rick Snow, came back as new Snow-11!
        SNOW-11 1874 IHC1 001.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X