Thread: 1874 IHC with gouged eye

Default 1874 IHC with gouged eye

Hello my new CONECA friends! First time poster to this site and have been a member for a few years. I have a 1874 indian head cent with a neat die gouge in eye similar to the 1902 snow-4. I've sent emails with pics to Rick Snow and Mr. Fivaz, but have had no reply. I totally understand both are very busy gentlemen and may not have seen my emails. I just discovered I can post on this forum and thought I'd give it a shot.
    Any comments or suggestions would be great. Here are a few pics. The coin is in a PCGS slab graded XF45.

Thanks!
    Jody

1874 IHC OB1 gouge eye3 XF45.jpg1874 IHC OB1 gouge eye1 XF45.jpg
    1874 IHC OB gouge eye XF45.jpg

There is something going on there, thats for sure. Doesn't have the same type of makeup as the 1902 however. I would send in another request to Rick Snow, if he doesn't respond shoot me an email and I will see what I can come up with for you.
    Proud Member: CONECA, TEC, HVNS, NS, ANA, WIN, WINS, MSNS

Quote Originally Posted by Jamez View Post
    There is something going on there, thats for sure. Doesn't have the same type of makeup as the 1902 however. I would send in another request to Rick Snow, if he doesn't respond shoot me an email and I will see what I can come up with for you.
    Thanks so much for the response Jamez! I did get a response from Rick Snow and sent him the coin in late Nov. It's funny, I just sent Rick a email asking to confirm he rec'vd my coin just this morning, and then seen your response. I know Rick is a busy guy and these things take time. I sent the coin USPS Priority and he should have rec'vd it Nov 27th. So hopefully I get a confirmation he has it in his possession. Thanks again for the response! Happy New Year!

Jody

Sent to Rick Snow, came back as new Snow-11!
    SNOW-11 1874 IHC1 001.jpg