Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981-P Nickel on Cent Planchet and More!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1981-P Nickel on Cent Planchet and More!!!

I purchased this coin at a local show in Pittsburgh for what I thought was a decent price. When I got home to look at it closer, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I actually acquired a Double Denomination error. As you can see on the reverse, the pillars of the Lincoln Memorial blend in very well with the pillars of the Monticello. On the obverse, there is evidence of the TY in liberty and the back of Lincoln's head and neck area. Not the greatest underlying detail but I am not complaining.1981 Nickel on Struck Cent 4.jpg1981 Nickel on Struck Cent 2.jpg1981 Nickel on Struck Cent 3.jpg1981 Nickel on Struck Cent 1.jpg
    James Zimmerman
    Coneca N-911
    CONECA PA State Rep/Treasurer

An impressive accidental cherrypick.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Working...
    X