Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Die Streaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Die Streaks

Hi,

I posted the same quarter a few days ago but I shot it with my iPhone and they didn't come out that good. So I was able to use my Nikon D810 with a 105mm 2.8 Macro lens. I think they came out a little better. My question is, do the streaks look like die streaks? Because to me, it looks like the streaks are underneath the letters? If that makes any sense.

Thank you
    Attached Files

To me, these look like damage from a coin roll machine or possibly a coin counter machine. Although the photos are clear and I try to make them larger on the screen, I cannot discern whether the streaks show up on top pf the devices ( letters and numbers).
    It "looks" like the lines jump over each letter. Since I do not see any lines continuing from one side of a letter, through the letters and into the center of a letter like an "O" and over the back side of the letter leads me to believe its coin roll damage.

But I could be wrong. One of the resident experts on this forum, Mr. Mike Diamond may chime in when he gets a chance.
    Gary Kozera

Comment

Comment

Working...
      X