Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible 1971-D Kennedy minor Rpm ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think your 71D would be the 71D RPM-003. Check out Variety Vista...http://varietyvista.com/12%20Kennedy%20Halves/RPM%20Detail%20Pages/1971DRPM003.htm
    Larry Nienaber
    Last edited by atrox001; 08-31-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Hello,
      Yes, I understand about variety vista. I go there quite often when I want to attribute some coins for people at shows. I also have a stack of James Wiles CDROM's just in case the wifi connection is down or has to be paid for at shows.

To me, IMO, this is a minor RPM. I do not see a lot of separation and only split serifs. I did receive your PM about the coin, and your desire for it.

I will tell you how I obtained it. I was at a show in Richmond, VA a 3 or 4 years ago and an older gentleman wanted to trade borderline BU/AU Kennedy Clads for one silver 1964. I reluctantly agreed and I got to cherry pick what he had. I ended up getting this coin, along with a DDO from the same year.

I really don't need anything for it. I am willing to depart with the coin since it only cost me 50 cents. I can place it in the mail if you will provide an address via PM. I am all about helping collectors finish up their varieties set and if this knocks one off your list, perfect.
      Last edited by MintErrors; 09-01-2019, 04:13 PM.
      Gary Kozera

Comment

After seeing this half dollar in hand…I don’t think the mintmark shows the 71D RPM-003. I was able to match this RPM with one I had sent to James Wiles in 2008 and he had said it was “too minor to list”.
        Larry Nienaber
        Last edited by atrox001; 09-13-2019, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X