Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1964-D RPM-002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964-D RPM-002

Howdy All,
    As I said in another thread, today I got a few un-opened rolls of 1964-D Nickels! While I have ID'ed some neat RPM's this one has me scratching my head. I think it matches up with the "D/D RPM-002 rotated CCW" listed in James Wiles book, but I'm not totaly sure. While I know this isn't the best photo can ya'll give any thoughts on the matter? I'll try to get more photos tomorrow if I can. I think my next buy should be one of those things...I think they call them a QX5 or something
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Speedy; 08-18-2007, 06:29 PM.
    ---Speedy

Thanks Larry. But after taking a closer look at this coin and alot more photos I'm not sure it is an RPM. I'm thinking this coin, along with some of the others in the roll, have some machine doubling on the REV. After looking some other D/D's this one doesn't seem to have some of the same looks as others.

As for DD's and such....I haven't looked.
    ---Speedy

Comment

Originally posted by Speedy View Post
      Howdy All,
      As I said in another thread, today I got a few un-opened rolls of 1964-D Nickels! While I have ID'ed some neat RPM's this one has me scratching my head. I think it matches up with the "D/D RPM-002 rotated CCW" listed in James Wiles book, but I'm not totaly sure. While I know this isn't the best photo can ya'll give any thoughts on the matter? I'll try to get more photos tomorrow if I can. I think my next buy should be one of those things...I think they call them a QX5 or something
      Hey good to see you over here speedy! As for the QX5, I bought one about 18 months ago on CoinTalk members advice. Its OK but I couldn't get decent Pics of RPMs and haven't used it in like 10 months now. Digital cam through the loupe has proven much better at closeups for me?

Comment

Howdy Nickelman!
        Thanks for your thoughts---I'm going to put off buying one of those for right now anyway---I think I might get a QX3 when I get one anyway because some of the guys on WINS liked the 3 better than the 5 if I remember right!

Well I think the coin that I was thinking was an -002 just had some machine doubling. Right now I'm trying to get a good photo of a D/D north. Last night I won 2 nice lots on Ebay!! A 1943/2 Nickel in AU and a 1942 d over horizontal d pci vf20!
        ---Speedy

Comment

Working...
        X