Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreign Doubled Dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Doubled Dies

Hello,
    I'm Daniel from Germany, ECIE: dani200105, ebay: laboraffe03.

I'd like to open this thread for foreign doubled dies and i'd like to invite you to post your pix

I'd like to start with three outstanding Euro doubled dies:

1 Euro 2002 G

2 Cent 2003 F

5 Cent 2002 D

Thanks,
    Daniel Schneider

Welcome to the forum, Daniel. I've enjoyed your posts in the Error Coin Information Exchange, and I'm sure the members of this forum will enjoy them just as much.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Daniel - I thank you for posting those pictures. They are excellent doubled dies. Do you have any idea to what type hubbing ssytem was used for these anomalies? It would be interesting to know if these were a product of the single squeeeze type hubbing system or if they were produced by multiple hubbing.

Thank you and welcome to this forum!!!!

BJ Neff
      Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

i'm not quite sure BJ but i think for the Euros they use the single squeeeze hubbing system.

Comment

I'd be shocked if this amount of separation was produced by the single-squeeze method. Of course, we see dramatic separation in some of the Minnesota doubled dies. But these involve very localized doubling, not wholesale doubling as seen on these Euros and fractional Euros.
          Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

1986 Republic of Ecuador 1 SUCRE - Doubled Die

FROM REPUBLICA
            A Closeup of the E in REPUBLICA
            Last edited by foundinrolls; 08-20-2007, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Daniel,
              GREAT EURO Doubled Dies!!!

Bill

Comment

1931 Argentina 5 Centavos - DDO

Unfortunately, the coin is a clunker but the doubling is easy to spot.

Comment

5 Pfennig 1995 F

10 Pfennig 1969 F

Comment

1954 Great Britain Shilling Doubled Die

Comment

1969 Peru - UN SOL DE ORO - DOUBLED DIE

Comment

I believe foundinrolls and I have the same 1986 Un Sucre from Ecuador.
                        Attached Files

Comment

For lack of US coins to search, I finally got around to searching my foreign coin collection that I've had for a few decades. I made a nice DDO find on a German 1914 J 1 Mark coin. The extremely fine detail on this one makes for a great doubled die. There are more notches and separation lines than on just about any DD I've seen. About two-thirds of the coin shows nice doubling -- and the rest is nearly normal.

Look at those double claws!

Comment

I picked up a couple more old German doubled dies. The first is a 1939D 10 ReichsPfennig and the second is a 1939D 1 reichsPfennig.

Last edited by russellhome; 02-10-2008, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Ken - as per usual, some great pictures of excellent varieties. Well done.

BJ Neff
                              Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X