Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of Anacs questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of Anacs questions

Greetings Everyone,

Several months ago I read that Coneca would be doing some (or all) of the variety verification for Anacs. Just wondering if this is currently happening and who is doing it?

There was also discussion of Anacs setting up a variety registry. Does anyone know if this project is progressing?

Scott

Tentative steps have been taken toward this end, but nothing has been finalized.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

We are still in negotiations with ANACS to develop and ANACS/CONECA slab for which I would do the variety attribution against the CONECA files and then forward the coins to ANACS for grading and encapsulation with the attribution placed on the label along with the CONECA logo.

An email to ANACS telling them you would use the service won't hurt and might even help move the process along.

I haven't heard anything recently about a registary program. You should inquire directly to ANACS. Please let us know what you find out.

Thanks,
      CONECA 20th Century Die Variety Attributer

Comment

Working...
      X