Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023 1-Cent. Is it exttra V.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 1-Cent. Is it exttra V.?

Well. Last year this time i had 20 of these. So ive seen em before. I didnt think theyd b worth anything. Well. It took me a year but i had found one back.

I had bankrolls of em but i spent em. Last yr. Im new. Oh well.
    Attached Files

Just my 2 Cents,
    your subject photos of “?” Of the “Miss placed “V” I believe the listing is called, have to much chatter/ pmd to really tell what’s going on with the unclarity of the photos, on “My” being able to give my opinion,
    I say this cause I’ve been checking study on what 23’s I have and a lot of altering and pmd as well as planchette or lamination issues due to metal composite of the shield cent’s. I have a few in question myself so curious to see better photos,
    Thanks for sharing
    Last edited by MIMS.2Cents; 03-03-2024, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Yes thankyou, well i had the advantage of seeing with my own eyes several ms 66 plus x v coins. I found uncirculated from bank rolls unc. Im 100 percent sure this has the mark, ive seen it ive held it , in mint state 66. This is one. Thankyou fine sir
      Just make sure you look at the V on the relief itself. Not that scratch on the rim that happens to look like a V.

Last edited by 279773; 03-03-2024, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Yes, I saw what you were speaking of on the relief, clearer more definitive photo of subject area in question so you can get the verification you were asking of, is just a suggestion. “to My eyes” it’s hard to tell. Because, unless it came from the mint or slabbed it has been circulated. I am not in doubting you, just looking for clearer photos I have about 6 I would like to compare to see if I have one myself as many of the others I came across had been bad pmd or intentional damage, and find myself in question as well,
        and honestly the first batch of pictures looked more like a “D” than “V” which would be a cool find, cause the “V” has already dulled its spark, happens when errors become common,with today’s technology and access things moving to fast to keep up with the discovery’s. I feel your pain had a few I tossed aside or spent to later become a discovery variety, then by the time I come back across it, the Miss place “V” is becoming more common find lol But they still get a decent payout for a 23-1c and a nice one for the collection
        Just My 2 Cents
        Last edited by MIMS.2Cents; 03-03-2024, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Just My 2 Cents,
          I was checking the ones I said I have in question and seem to be be the same, from memory I thought the Miss-placed “V” was further right and more upright, so figured mine must be pmd, due to the more pronounced LF bar, looking at your subject could confirm, my problem is clear photos, just not getting them clear enough to post but hopefully next week I will have it sorted out,
          Thanks for sharing and if you do get a chance to get a nice shot of that “V” would be a great help, for others in the struggle and myself

Comment

Ok the V I now know can be in different distances from th VDB itself. The V in question always appears less well struk on the left , it appears slightly shorter too. I have held ms 66 in my hand last year but dont rember c or wide V back then being an issue. Its the awkward strong right V you look for. The V always is stronger on the right.
            Last edited by 279773; 03-07-2024, 04:56 PM.

Comment

I took coin out again and tried with my dark ages equipment to get satisfying conclusive shots.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

This is a hit/damage also. not the questioned variety.
                CONECA Attributer: John Miller

Comment

Thank You, when I get a chance this week I’m going to go through my 23’s I have as described of the one side more pronounced, I have a few others that were in question, so much tampering going on on the 23’s I come across I can’t make heads or tales but I did see one or two similar to subject at least to figure out what’s going on if both match, again weird is I believe I have one that’s faint but further left, so thinking one, or both are nothing or there maybe be another variety of miss placed “V” not released that there are of different locations. So that will be something I will look into during mid week and get back with what I find on mine.
                  Thanks again, I like when love finding something to pull out an undetermined, of mine when another like, pops up

Comment

Originally posted by MIMS.2Cents View Post
                    Just My 2 Cents, I was checking the ones I said I have in question and seem to be be the same, from memory I thought the Miss-placed “V” was further right and more upright, so figured mine must be pmd, due to the more pronounced LF bar, looking at your subject could confirm, my problem is clear photos, just not getting them clear enough to post but hopefully next week I will have it sorted out,
                    Thanks for sharing and if you do get a chance to get a nice shot of that “V” would be a great help, for others in the struggle and myself
                    Thats why a year ago i sent my mint examples off. Even those mint ones i had were faint and i didnt want to photo them because i knew it would be difficult useing my method. I thought they were going to be a nothing. But i got one back.

Comment

Usually it is taboo , but I find that photos taken with coin in flip help to enhance the V. This variety is very different than past ones. Short of there being no actual VDB at all, this is the next best thing.
                      Dont be afraid to get a flip photo. I see some on that auction, were this coin is now
                      Last edited by 279773; 03-12-2024, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X