Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1990 d quarter DDO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 d quarter DDO?

Do you think this is a double die or just mechanical doubling?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

none are listed on V V - http://varietyvista.com/09b%20WQ%20V...20Listings.htm - http://doubleddie.com/721634.html

imo, based on the condition of the coin and the low quality of image (not terrible tho) i cannot say for certain but it looks like there is some MD and probably circulation wear.
    coinfacts.com - conecaonline.info - board.conecaonline.org/forum/numismatic-site-links - briansvarietycoins.com - coppercoins.com - cuds-on-coins.com - doubleddie.com - error-ref.com - franklinlover.yolasite.com - ikegroup.info -lincolncentresource.com - maddieclashes.com - money.org - ngccoin.com/price-guide/world - ngccoin.com/census - ngccoin.com/resources/counterfeit-detection - nnp.wustl.edu - pcgs.com/pop - varietyvista.com

Comment

I'm sorry about the image, but I tried to take a better picture
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by BoB's coins View Post
        I'm sorry about the image, but I tried to take a better picture
        appreciate the close-up.

the "doubling" is sporadic and inconsistent and doesn't look like normal doubling and since there are very few known to none in the decade surrounding this coin, imma gunna saya aa noa.

from my experience, coins with this much contact/damage are rarely listed even if they are a new variety. every now n then one may get listed but it is very rare. i've had a handful turned down for such issues as well as other people i know.
        coinfacts.com - conecaonline.info - board.conecaonline.org/forum/numismatic-site-links - briansvarietycoins.com - coppercoins.com - cuds-on-coins.com - doubleddie.com - error-ref.com - franklinlover.yolasite.com - ikegroup.info -lincolncentresource.com - maddieclashes.com - money.org - ngccoin.com/price-guide/world - ngccoin.com/census - ngccoin.com/resources/counterfeit-detection - nnp.wustl.edu - pcgs.com/pop - varietyvista.com

Comment

I agree, with a highly worn coin it's very difficult to assess whether it's a doubled die or simply wear and machine doubling.
          Gary Kozera

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
            X