Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 Uncirculated mint sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Uncirculated mint sets

I just wanted to make everyone aware that at least four different doubled die reverses have been found on the Denver (FY) cent. Pictured below is one that I found in the set that I received. It has doubling of the book's spine.

BJ Neff
    Attached Files
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Thank you.
    Most fools think they are only ignorant.
    -- Benjamin Franklin

CONECA Member
    N-4556

Comment

Here is one I found in a set.......2009D....
      Attached Files

Comment

That is a nice one.

Here are some interesting observations.

If you open a uncirculated mint set, the odds are 75% of the time you will see a doubled die on the 2009D(FY) Lincoln cent.
        So far there have been 10 different doubled dies reported and there maybe more on the 2009D(FY) Lincoln cent.
        There has been one unconfirmed doubled die reverse on a 2009P(FY) Lincoln cent in the uncirculated set.
        A ball park figure on the amount produced on these doubled dies per die is about 5000 or the same as a proof coin; that is why we are seeing so many.

BJ Neff

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
          Here is one I found in a set.......2009D....
          I like that one.

Here are the two which I came across:

Lee Lydston

Comment

To keep you all updated on what is going on, I sent six 2009D(FY)SF Lincoln cent doubled dies to Crawford and Wexler to be attributed and put into their files. The pictures are attached.

2009D(FY)DDRXX1, ST(A).jpg

2009D(FY)DDRXX2.jpg

2009D(FY)DDRXX3.jpg

2009D(FY)DDRXX4.jpg

2009D(FY)DDRXX5.jpg

BJ Neff

Comment

and the sixth one.
              2009D(FY)DDRXX6.jpg

BJ Neff

PS - I forgot to mention that I opened three Mint sets yesterday and all three had different doubled dies on the 2009(FY)D Lincoln cent.
              Last edited by wavysteps; 10-20-2009, 09:15 AM. Reason: additional comment

Comment

I have not found on of these yet still looking
                JIM

Comment

I have several, I'll hang on to these.
                  -- Benjamin Franklin

CONECA Member
                  N-4556

Comment

I need to sit down and git thur may mint sets I have not had the.but I going to ck them out tonight
                    No one right 100% of timesI maybe wrong and will I say, sorry I was wrong

Comment

Originally posted by rockdude View Post
                      I have several, I'll hang on to these.
                      How many do you have with damage on them a nick or some kind My good friend Joe Rockdude?
                      Brad

Comment

I don't save the damaged one's. Why do you ask?
                        -- Benjamin Franklin

CONECA Member
                        N-4556

Comment

Originally posted by rockdude View Post
                          I don't save the damaged one's. Why do you ask?
                          Do you realize that every think around you is basically a work of art just look out side the trees the sky the plants etc etc that;s the creators work of art so Andy warhole was not that intellegent to make a statement like that now back to coins my friend Rockdued.

I asked you because you said you had many mint sets with damage on them in another forum and i won't mention that forum just curious my friend Rockdude Joe
                          thanks Brad
                          Brad
                          Last edited by coinartist; 11-09-2009, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Well I have been in bussiness for over forty years an ordered proof sets from the mint every year and never got any damaged sets I guess I was a lucky dealer then.

I have not come across any new cent doubled dies and basically my customers are more interested in the older doubled dies then the new ones even the young coin collectors are too.

I guess the new doubled dies are not really that major to some collectors to bother with.

JIm coolcoinzedealership

Comment

I don't recall ever saying that. And even if I did what does it matter?
                              -- Benjamin Franklin

CONECA Member
                              N-4556

Comment

Working...
                              X