Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kennedy Hlaf Dollar 1968-D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kennedy Hlaf Dollar 1968-D

Here is another coin you can find in "roll searching". This coin graded MS64 at PCGS and is a minor spread. Feel free to guess which variety it is. I've tried to take pictures from different angles so the viewer can see the doubling.

It's class II tripled die; if your showing the Y I would assume it is DDO-002.
    Jason Cuvelier

CONECA
    Lead attributer

Comment

Originally posted by jcuve View Post
      It's class II tripled die; if your showing the Y I would assume it is DDO-002.
      Reasonable guess but not the DDO-002.

Here are a few pictures of the DDO-002, the bottom bar of E in WE is one of the 'markers' that I use to keep them seperate.

Anyone else want to try guessing?

Comment

First coin pictured is the 1968-D DDO-001

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Here is another coin you can find in "roll searching". This coin graded MS64 at PCGS and is a minor spread. Feel free to guess which variety it is. I've tried to take pictures from different angles so the viewer can see the doubling.
          This one is DDO-002 ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Reasonable guess but not the DDO-002.

Here are a few pictures of the DDO-002, the bottom bar of E in WE is one of the 'markers' that I use to keep them seperate.

Anyone else want to try guessing?
            This is DDO-001 ..

Comment

Working...
            X