Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big pics to document die varieties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big pics to document die varieties

I started experimenting with Stack and Stitch, and have shot several Lincoln Cent die varieties and other interesting coins such as a Very Early Die State (VEDS) coin.

You can view the coins on the EasyZoom website, where I am hosting the images due to their large size of ~100-200MP. The site allows you to zoom-in to see the details. As an example, here is 1955-S/S/S RPM#1:

https://easyzoom.com/image/157586/album/0/4?mode=manage

These images are the culmination of about a decade of work to allow me to show a single full-coin image of a die variety which can be zoomed-in to see the variety markers, stage markers, and surface details on any area of the coin. This gives a much better view of the coin than a typical 5-10 shot documentation of a variety, since those cannot cover the entire coin on obverse and reverse like the full-coin shots can.

Would like to hear any comments on the images and the usefulness in documenting die varieties.
    Last edited by Ray Parkhurst; 06-02-2020, 01:23 AM.
Working...
X