Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mercy Dime 1930s nolisting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coinbooks
    replied
    thank you for comments, my pictures are not good. about to by camera scope attachment, this camera scope i have is good for looking in mouths or ears hahaha. good forum discussion later, after results.

Leave a comment:

• MintErrors
    replied
    In my opinion, it's good practice to add full obverse and reverse photos of the coin. That way, in it might be a variety, people might be able to identify markers/ pick up points. They also can see if other areas are affected by any potential damage as well.

To me this coin shows some damage, it's lower and shelf like as well. It has classic symptoms of either post mint damage or mechanical damage of some type. If it has not been identified as a listing in over 90 plus years it probably is damage. Sure new finds are found occasionally, but they are slim.

Leave a comment:

• occnumis2021
    replied
    i thought it may have been a ddo and MD since the base of the 9 looks split but considering all the contact marks in that area, most likely just a hit.

Leave a comment:

• Coinbooks
    replied
    Thanks for taking a look, 1930 merc not too many I've come across, without the big fat date. Have to keep my eye out for more of them.

Leave a comment:

• occnumis2021
    replied
    really looks like machine doubling to the north.

Leave a comment:

• Coinbooks
    started a topic Mercy Dime 1930s nolisting

Mercy Dime 1930s nolisting

Hi, thank you for taking time to look at post.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 6 photos.
Working...
X