Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hub doubling state quarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hub doubling state quarter

misread information from another group - this is not a form of hub doubling and not valuable. Let the hunt continue.

My user privileges' are not allowing me to delete the main post.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by haggel; 10-26-2023, 11:01 PM.

To post more photos, you can use the camera icon just above and to the left of the text box. The camera icon toggles the photo upload buttons .

As far as the doubled die, the 2006 Colorado has only one doubled die obverse, and that is associated with Washington's earlobe...

http://varietyvista.com/09c%20WQ%20V...%20quarter.htm

In my opinion, what you are seeing on the L is known affectionately as worthless doubling. Worthless doubling is almost always lower and shelf or step like.

With the newer one squeeze technology and all the pressure they use on those working dies - its a recipe for a wreck. Add in the fact that if devices are incused, metals do slip and move. I do not know of any United States Mint produced doubled dies that have been documented as doubled dies that are incused.
    Gary Kozera

Comment

Working...
    X