Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-D Rosy New DDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016-D Rosy New DDR

Wexler has one showing, but doubling is more South on this one .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stachowski; 11-01-2016, 11:14 AM.

Nice find.
    It qualifies as a DDR, since extra material of the devices is present.

When I look at the affected area, I stop to wonder exactly how may of these might be made. Its a pretty minor area that is involved, and through die wear, grease and die chips/fragments, I would think the URS rating would be pretty low.
    I like to look at some of these and get an overall understanding of the DDO/DDR when people ask about it at the CONECA table at a coin show I go to.
    Looks like this amount of doubling may be what's in store for most roll hunters going forward.

Personally, I am one not to collect too many of the "single squeeze" DDO's and DDR's. Most of what I have are pre-1972.
    I guess I like the more dramatic DDO's and DDR's.
    Gary Kozera

Comment

I would never buy one of these either, unless, it was going in the CPG .
      So far, 3 different kinds have been found ...

Comment

Working...
      X