Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British 10 Pence wrong metal / planchet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British 10 Pence wrong metal / planchet

The coin below, I have not had time to research as I write this post. In a few days, I hope to have some data on the wrong planchet possibilities.

1992 Great Britain UK 10 Pence Struck On Wrong Planchet

This planchet weighs 3.0 grams. It is NOT magnetic, it does not stick to a magnet.

A few possibilities:

An update with a few mild possibilities:

Ten Pence 1992 Lion Wrong planchet Most probably 1992, date a little off flan. XRF test: 100% Iron. Possibly 1p steel core? 3.21g 1 known

Ten Pence 1992 Lion Wrong planchet Struck on a silver coloured magnetic planchet. Doesn’t appear to be iron externally. 3.2g 1 known

Ten Pence 1992 Lion Wrong planchet Struck on a smaller, lighter planchet that weighs the same as the old large 5p, XRF result 75% Cu, 25% Ni. Also seen on 5.49g planchet. 5.65g 23.4mm 1, possibly more

1992 Great Britain UK 10 Pence Struck On Wrong Planchet 3.0g Error Coin UNC-Obv.jpg

1992 Great Britain UK 10 Pence Struck On Wrong Planchet 3.0g Error Coin UNC-Rev.jpg

Gary Kozera

really nice find

Comment

Attribution is complete. Its a IK 10 Pence struck on a 5 Pence planchet. I did the final write upon my website.
      Gary Kozera

Comment

Working...
      X