Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mint Varities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mint Varities

I'm Trying to find out what 2 coins are worth for a couple of friends of mine. The coins are a 1955D Penny and a 1972D Half. They both have a Rotated Dies (180 degrees). The top of the Obverse and the Top of the Reverse are on the same "END". They are a full 180 or very close to it. Can anyone help me with their values. At present, the are not Proffesionally graded. The weight on both of them is correct.

If genuine, the cent should be worth $75 or so while the half dollar would be worth at least $200. Both coins should have a normal "ring" when balanced on a finger and tapped.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Rotated Die Coins

Thank you for the great information!! I enjoy your forums with great the material that is very informative to our collecting interest. I also want to thank Alan Hebert for all the great material he has given us collectors over the years. One of his books led me to CONECA!! Thanks- DEAN

Comment

Working...
      X