Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1925 PEACE VAM-1T/E CLASH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1925 PEACE VAM-1T/E CLASH?

I keep looking at this coin thinking I see an E clashed from ONE on the reverse near the L of LIBERTY on the obverse. Can anyone see what I am seeing?
    Attached Files

Im thinking along the lines of PMD!!!
    Still the best "Nickel Trail Die Hunter". 2013 ((MIKEE)) T.Davis

Comment

Originally posted by COINWATCHER View Post
      I keep looking at this coin thinking I see an E clashed from ONE on the reverse near the L of LIBERTY on the obverse. Can anyone see what I am seeing?

What you are seeing is PMD from the edge of another coin hitting that coin.. Take another peace dollar and place it over the 3 spots you see and the reeding will match up.. Actually its a common occurrence that happens in the bags.
      Proud Member: CONECA, TEC, HVNS, NS, ANA, WIN, WINS, MSNS

Comment

Working...
      X