Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1923 S Peace Dollar... Double Struck Broadstrike???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1923 S Peace Dollar... Double Struck Broadstrike???

Hi... Need some help hear. This coin needs your judgment call... What do you see? Larger Image

Note the obverse counterclockwise rotated doubling on the in the word "LIBERTY" and Lady Liberty's Head. Than look at the rim from k-4:30 to k-9:30... Look at the rim @ k-1:30 and @ k-6:30 different thicknesses. But than NGC can't see this!

<br><br>

I agree with NGC. There are no anomalies worth noting. All I see is minor machine doubling and perhaps a slight misalignment.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

You know... I'm not in it for the money! I've been collecting for over 40 years now both mint errors and hobo nickels... Too close to call or not worth calling, but...

Comment

Given the condition of the coin I'm thinking too close to call AND too minor to call. Had the coin been uncirculated with sharp details then perhaps more specific detail would be visible in specific areas making a judgement easier.

I have an IKE dollar which is similar in nature, double struck with no rotation but a small offset. On that one, the top of a second R is clearly visible near the rim which was the validation that the coin was indeed double struck.

And no, its not about the value as much as it is the excitement of discovery AND validating what you found.
        Lee Lydston

Comment

Thanks... You understand my point!

Comment

Originally posted by Hobo Bob View Post
            Thanks... You understand my point!
            Completely!
            Lee Lydston

Comment

And this one is?

Mike, my problem with you're and NGC's opinion....

Comment

Working...
              X